Chances of passing SAT whilst being horrible in Math.

I would have had absolutely no problem if I had had to pass the SAT test, but I do feel discouraged since I really suck when it comes to Math and especially to algebra.
I was simply wondering whether or not math has a big impact on the final score and if it’s possible to pass SAT whilst being a complete null in Math?
Thanks in advance.

you can try this website vienova.com , i got a great help . there tutor are available online . You can book session in advance by saying as a demo session on there toll free no. 1800 710 4625

I’ve had some success and I wanted to post about it. I’ve tried everything to get students to study for the SATs but recently stumbled across a board game that preps people. Something to look at for the arsenal of tools to help students with the SATs. www.testprepugames.com

Hi,
Regarding your question about doing well on the SAT when you cannot do math problems, the short answer is…not very well. The Math section is worth 1/3 of the entire test, as there are now three types of sections and two of them relate to your understanding of English.
So, if you get, say 300 on the math, and 600 on the other two tests, you will end up with 1500, which averages out to 500 on the total SAT, a very minimal grade.
However, the math is possible to learn, and in a very cheerful atmosphere, with the gmaxsat course online. The lessons are presented in an organized way, and the teacher is easy to understand and funny, so that the lessons go quickly. There is also homework after each lesson.
Do your best. There really is no greater feeling than success.
Regards,
Leanna
Director, GMAX

Like Leanna said, the math section is 1/3 of the whole test.
If you aren’t too confident about difficult math questions, at least spend most of your time getting the easier math questions right. They are, afterall, worth the same amount of points.
But if you spend just a bit of effort into studying math - maybe review a few things in sat prep books - you will feel more comfortable with the questions. Pratice a lot, and spend time reviewing a lot.
And I’m sure you’ll do well. =)

I’m horrible at math too. I was really scared that this weakness would inhibit me from getting into a good school. The truth is, I was pretty much correct. Math (as much as it can be a mystifying bore), is key to success. What you need to do is find a source that works well for you. I would suggest finding a book that starts with the basics and builds from there. Princeton Review isn’t a bad idea, but you’ll want to review math on your own before that. Try seeking a tutor who can really bring you up to speed, or at least find a really solid book. I ended up using [u]SAT 1, SAT Books, 2200+ SAT Preparation Strategy @ MY-SAT.com, which really focuses on Algebra and its foundations (my weakness too) as well as the rest of SAT math. There are also a lot of sites that generate SAT math problems for free, so maybe do a google search for those.

If you need help with Math, then I would suggest practicing a lot. There is a weekly scheduled test [every Saturday] on www.practicethesat.com; There is no charge to register/participate and the questions/explanations are excellent and the top scorer gets $20.

Steve that is good motivation for practicing; what’s even better is that now the 2nd place gets $20 and the first place $40; good stuff and still free to register…

You could try this Sat Math Blog has good tips on it.
satmathtutoronline.com/blog