Challenge : Being confident with english to be gratuated

Hello Everyone !

My name is Silva. I’m a new member. I’ve just discovered the forum so I’m a little bit lost :/.

I’m here because I think it’s time for me to be confident and improve my english.
Moreover, I’m a student in Montpellier Business School (France) in second year of Master in HR. In order to be gratuated, I need to take the TOEIC exam and obtain the score of 790/990.
I already took it on March but I failed with a score of 770/990, because of stress and bad time management but I think that I wasn’t really ready neither.

I wish I can learn a lot here, and talk with all of you.

Have a good day ! :slight_smile:

Silva

2 Likes

Hi Silva, welcome to our forum and thanks for sharing your situation with us. Did I understand you correctly, your business school requires you to take the TOEIC test and score at least 790 points? Regards, Torsten

1 Like

Hi :),

Yes it is ! I have to score at least 790 points.

Best regards,

Silva

2 Likes

If you like, you can take this test and then I can tell you what your TOEIC score might be based on your score.

1 Like

Of course ! This week end I’m going to do this test.
Thank you !

2 Likes

Hi Torsten,

I’ve just finished the test.

54.75/100 :frowning:

30/50 questions correctly answered
The results are not very good. Moreover, for the last section, I hadn’t enough time to answer all questions… I really need to improve my time management :frowning: .

Best regards,

Silva

2 Likes

Hello Silva, for starters I suggest you take the test a second time making sure you get all the answers right. You can ask us here on the forum if you don’t know why a particular answer is wrong. Please let me know what you think. Regards, Torsten

1 Like

Hello Torsten,

Alright, I’ll take the test again !
Thank you.

Best regards,

Silva

2 Likes

Good evening Torsten,
I’ve just finished the test. I obtained the following score : 44/50 (86.5/100).
I could finish each section.

However, I’ve two questions that I would like to ask you.
In the section 2, question 13 : “He has difficult to work with and thus was fired.”. The right anwser was “has” but I selected “was”. I hesitated between “has” and “was”. Please I need some explanation, because for me we can say “He has difficult… thus he is fired.” or else “He had difficult … thus he was fired”.

Second point. in the section 2, question 22 “Only through increase exposure…”. Could you please explain me the answer ?

Have a good night ! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Silva

2 Likes

Actually, the correct answer here should be ‘He was difficult to work with’. I’ll check to see if there is a mistake on our part.

This should read ‘through increased exposure’, many thanks for pointing this out. Please let me know if it makes sense to you now.

2 Likes

Hi Torsten

I understand now! Thank you :grin:

1 Like

I’m still motivated to do other exercises

2 Likes

That’s very good to hear. Please complete at least one of our tests per day starting with Real Life: Banking (1) - English Test | english.best

1 Like

Hello Torsten,

I’ve just taken my TOEIC exam. I DID IT !!! My score is 795/990 !!!

2 Likes

That’s great to hear, congrats :+1::grinning:

Thank you so much Torsten ! I’m so happy. I did it… I can’t believe it.
I still want to practice my english and improve myself more and more

Now I have to finish my thesis and do a report about my year in a company as apprentice.

But I’m still available to do some tests or to speak with the community of this forum. :slight_smile:

2 Likes