Can't figure out the meaning of a sentence

Dear translators,

I encountered a sentence that seems uncomprehensible. I am qualified in chemical engineering but still can’t figure out its meaning. Please provide some suggestions:

The Pharmaceutical industry receives a lot of attention today due to the increasing transfer of chemical extracts rather than sampling plants or animals. Another aspect to take into account is the reputational impact from animal testing.

I added another sentence as well to give some context. They are talking about biodviersity that has to be maintained.

I am looking forward to receiveing your responses.

First of all, we are not ‘translators’.

The Pharmaceutical industry gets more attention from transfer of chemical extracts that it gets from sampling of plants or animals. This appears to be because the transfer of chemical extracts is becoming increasingly widespread, whilst the sampling of plants or animals is decreasing in usefulness. However, I am only guessing at the last part.

Oh, my fault. I am sorry.

Yes, I do understand it. The thing I cannot understand is what they mean by “transfer of chemical extracts” and “sampling plant”

Not ‘sampling plant’ - the sampling (taken samples) of plant and animals. In the case of plants, possibly literally taking samples for analysis. With regard to animals, it is more likely that they are referring either to ‘in location’ sampling - noting numbers, etc. of animals in a specific environment or samples of excreent, etc.

Transfer of chemical elements… I’m not a chemist, sorry. I understand that it refers to the removal of chemical elements from one material and isolating them or using them elsewhere, but I can’t help you with the scientific processes or anything less vague.