Can you tell me a story?

No matter as, you noticed my english is quite good I am training my self by net. my mean occupation does not let me waist a long time on computer . thanks for understanding I was a pleasure.

I didn’t mean to offend you, Kitosdad. Accept my apology, please.

Once my exams are over, I will start contributing regularly.

Kindest regards.

FOS, you owe me no apology dear friend. I was not upset by your very pertinent question. I often muse over my use of laying and lying, then I just go ahead and write whatever I think is right at the time. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Anyway, we are writing pulp fiction here, and you know what great grammar experts those authors are, don’t we !

Bill.

Sorry Bill!

I have been a little busy. I will post it tomorrow.

Dear readers, (if there are any, other than Bill and me :lol: )

We have kept you waiting longer than usual. We apologize for that and promise that we will not repeat it.

Morning Daemon, I am leaving today to go to England for three days, visiting my Mother.
This may be the very last time I see her as she is very ill and weak. I see her as often as I can afford, but I’m pretty skint most of the time, and it’s so damned expensive to visit her.
700 quid for three days, and I’m on 420 €uros a month pension. Times are hard for old Kitos, and I can’t see our present government doing much to help OAP’s.

Never mind, I’ll get through somehow. See you all on Wednesday evening.

So long for now, Bill.

I am sorry to hear that, Bill. I hope everything is going to be alright.

Walking behind this lofty beauty in the bush I was desperately trying to come to some decision. It wasn’t an easy thing to do. Perhaps she was lying to me, and when we reached our destination she would just desert me and I’d be at the mercy of her flesh-eating people. On the other hand, her remark about my being " treat like royalty " really appealed to my vanity.

Facing reality, I had nothing here on the island except an old shack and a couple of corpses, the memory of whom scared me a little. Alternatively I had the vision of my having a harem of two metre high green damsels. Hmmm, a difficult choice indeed.

" We must be getting close," she said. " Look for a red flashing light." Sure enough, there it was, some way off in the distance. She hurried ahead of me, obviously eager to gain access to the craft.

" What’s the hurry?" I shouted, " We have all the time in the world now." But she ran on disregarding my protests. I increased my shambling walk to a shambling jog. For me it was fast approaching " mind your mind up " time, and boy, was I scared!

As I neared the spacecraft she was already inside. " Come in " she cried." The engines are in perfect condition, and the dilithium crystal chamber is fully charged, we can be air-born in a few minutes. "

" Look Belisha, this is all a bit sudden for me. Can we delay for another night while I think it over some more? " I could see by her reaction that she was not well pleased by my request, but she heaved a big sigh and said, " All right, you did help me after all, and another night won’t make a lot of difference. We’ll be travelling for twenty of your years in any event, so one night longer is OK. "

" Twenty years !" I’ll be a very old man by the time we get there," I moaned.

" No you won’t, in fact all ageing will cease once you enter the craft, and when we reach my planet I will even be able to reduce your present ageing process as far as you would like." Now that WAS some incentive. " Fire up them engines Belisha, let’s get this show on the road." I couldn’t contain my excitement now to get under way. Twenty years alone on this craft with the gorgeous Belisha, and the promise of eternal youth … lead me to it! Bye folks, I’ll see you all in twenty years. I’m sure the Forum will still be here.

Dear all!

Thank you for your stories

Drquangsam, good evening. Thanks for your attention.

I think we will be starting a new story as soon as Daemon thinks of something really weird to foist on me. Look in tomorrow and find out.

Regards, Kitosdad.

I got on the craft and looked around to see what it looked like inside. There wasn’t anything that I could find in there that suggested it was a vehicle of any sort. There was no control panel or anything that could help steer it. I didn’t think much about it as I was dog-tired from the recent events that had happened over the past few days and they had really taken a toll on me. I looked around and found myself a big cushy seat. I sank into it and closed my eyes. I instantly slipped into a slumber. I was woken up by the sound of loud footsteps. I got up and discovered it was Belisha. She beamed at me and muttered something which I couldn’t hear. She looked very happy and why wouldn’t she? She was going home; but why was I happy – I was leaving home. I put that thought aside and looked on the bright side of it. I was going to become younger again. And that lifted my spirits. “How do you drive this thing? I don’t see any switches or levers or anything”, I enquired expecting a smug reply. “Ha ha ha!”, she laughed out loud. “It’s an intelligent machine. It knows more languages than a typical human does. You can talk to it.”, she bellowed. “Brace yourself earthling! I am gonna take you for a ride” she laughed at her own joke. “You don’t have any belts here I can fasten” I groaned. “No need. You wouldn’t even know we are travelling.”, she snapped.

A few minutes passed without anything happening. “Have we taken off yet?” I asked anxiously. “We are already a light year away from the Earth.”, she replied bluntly. A light year away? I had never been so far away from home. I felt a bit uncomfortable. But realizing that there wasn’t much I could do about it I went back and slumped in my cushy seat again.

Barely had I fallen asleep when I was thrown out of my seat onto the floor with a heavy thud. I glared at Belisha and asked her what the hell was going on. “There are some planets in this galaxy that SmartButt-2B cannot detect. I have to watch out for them and instruct him accordingly.” “Who is SmartButt-2B?” I asked. “The spacecraft we are travelling in.”

Now that I was totally awake I went near her and sat in a chair next to hers. “Did you know that if we travelled faster than light, we would travel back in time? A scientist from our planet discovered it.” I said trying to strike a lighter conversation. “Trash! He must be a nutcase to have come up with such a stupid theory. It doesn’t hold much water.”, she hollered. “Why do you look down on us earthlings? Whatever gave you the idea that we are totally dumb?” I demanded to know. “Because they are.” she sneered. “Can SmartButt-2b travel faster than light?” I enquired. “Yes, it can!” she gave a smug reply. “Ask him to rev up then. Let’s see who’s wiser.” I challenged. She accepted the challenge and barked an order at the craft to step on it. Step on it, he did. I could feel that I was getting younger and younger every millisecond. After travelling over 30 years back in time…

I woke up from my bed. I felt like my head was going to explode from the hang-over. “I shouldn’t have drunk so much” I thought to myself feeling a deja-vu that the same thought had passed my mind several times before. I made myself some green tea and switched on the computer to see if there was anything new on the Forum I loved the most.

Nice one Deamon. Where shall we go next?

[color=red]A new story.

It was dark and cold on that late December evening. I didn’t know just how long I had stood here in this shop doorway, but the little mound of cigarette stubs at my feet told their own story. I was waiting for someone, but I didn’t really know who this someone would be, or just why I was waiting for him.

Ever since returning from Korea my mind had never really been clear, and I lived in an almost permanent vacuum of time. Eating, sleeping and drinking were always the furthest from my thoughts. In their place were the constant memories of the pain and indignities that I had been forced to endure at the hands of my captors. But now I was back home again, a survivor of my captors treatments, whilst many of my comrades had not fared so well, and had finally succumbed to their evil treatment.

The only friend I had made since my return was Dr.Maybe, a brilliant doctor who was in control of my rehabilitation and eventual return to normality. He was a little strange himself, and he often spoke to me of his dislike of politicians and those in the role of decision-makers in our country.

The mobile phone in my pocket buzzed me out of my daydreams. " It’s that time Tom,"
the voice paused momentarily, and then continued. " He is wearing a trilby hat and carrying an umbrella, approaching your position from your right. He is alone." The phone went dead in my hand.

I knew exactly what I had to do. The approaching stranger had to die, and I was the one who had to make it happen. I felt perfectly comfortable with this task. A task that I had performed many times in the past, but then it had been in the jungle, not the streets of London.

As the stranger neared my position I stepped slowly out of the doorway. " Excuse me, but do you have a light?," I asked as I raised a fresh cigarette to my lips. The man stopped in alarm at my unexpected appearance.

" No, I’m sorry, I haven’t, he replied. His look of distaste as he said this added further fuel to my anger as I plunged my knife into his heart. This was pay-back time for one of those who had sent my comrades and I into that stinking jungle, whilst they drank and danced the night away before returning to their warm comfortable beds at night.

I grabbed him before he started to crumble and dragged him into the shop doorway. Placing him in a sleeping position, I pulled his trilby down over his eyes and walked slowly away. One down, many more to go…[color=red]Chapter 2.

The rain started as I wended my way back to my hotel room. Heavy rain, heavy and cold, so unlike the torrential warm rain that I had grown accustomed to in my time in Korea. But that was many years ago, and yet the memories were still fresh in my mind.
Memories that meant that I had not enjoyed a restful nights sleep in many years, always waking in a cold-sweat and fearing for my very life.

Dr. Maybe had done his very best to erase these memories, and I often thought that he had been successful, only for the dreams to come flooding back with a vengeance.

As I neared the hotel I was aware of an approaching policeman. I mentally prepared myself for any questions he might ask me.
" Excuse me sir, might I ask where you have been at this late hour,?" he enquired.
" Couldn’t sleep, and just came out for a stroll officer," I promptly replied.
" Do you live around here then sir,?" was his next question.
" Well, not exactly live, but I’m staying at The Kirkham Hotel," I answered.
" I’m going back that way myself, I’ll walk with you," he responded.
We walked in silence to the hotel, and I wasn’t surprised when he followed me into the reception hall. This was it. I could feel the walls closing in on me.
" Hello again Mr. Taylor," said the female receptionist. " Enjoy your stroll then?" "
You can’t have gone very far, at least you can’t have done in only ten minutes, and in all of this rain. "

The policeman took this statement at face value and bid the receptionist and myself a sullen " Goodnight " and left the hotel.
" Thanks for that miss" I managed to say." For a minute there I thought I was going to be arrested for something."
" Think nothing of it," she replied. " Dr. Maybe said you went walkabout at unusual hours, and that I was to keep an eye on you" she smiled in reply."
" Anyway, I’ve had my own share of problems with the police, and I don’t mind steering them down a blind-alley now and again." " You best get to bed, you look all-in and soaking wet to boot." I bade her Goodnight and climbed the stairs to my room.

Sleep, there was little chance of my sleeping tonight. My mind was racing over what had happened in the last couple of hours and I felt as alive as I had ever felt in my life.
What had happened? Where had I been.? What had I done for the last couple of hours?
The last thing I remembered was answering my mobile phone some time earlier, and then all was a blank until I saw the policeman near the hotel. These memory losses were a common occurrence to me now, so I gave it no further thought.
I stripped off my wet clothing and hung it up to dry. Then I had a long, hot shower and lay on my bed expecting only to rest, but I fell into a deep sleep…

Having just re-read this entire pulp-rubbish, I have to say, it wasn’t bad for two guys who didn’t set out to accomplish anything, but we made it, and had two identical endings. Well done Daemon, and thanks FOS & PB for your contributions too.

Kitos.
ps. I know this is in the wrong place but it’s past my bed-time and I’m confused.
You played a blinder Daemon.

pps. Just thought of a name for our next hero :- Kit Daemon, how’d you like it?

oops!

(this is regarding the SPACE TRAVEL)

Such endings upset me a lot :frowning: It is not fair to bring the reader back to the earth all of a sudden.

Why did you awake me from that beautiful dream? :wink:

Gray, fear not. Our next novel is going to be a cracker. We have a brand new story, (after we finish the present one) and a brand new hero - Kit Daemon - who will put both Bond and Bourne to shame. Please Daemon, enough with the space-craft eh!.

Bill.

Kit Daemon! Sounds like fun. :smiley: