Businesses should do anything they can to make a profit. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Undoubtedly, most of companies seemed the profit that they earn as the first priority when looking back whether they are the most profitable company in the world. However, there are a rising numbers of people noticing that judging whether this company is worth trusting not just based on how much money it makes but for other reasons, like the customer service, the productive quality and the social donation.

First, the customer service influence the loyalty of the customers. When a company provide its buyers with the satisfying and surprising services, it can intensify the root of trust to the company and customers are more willing to give high scores on comments, which attract more people to shop and purchase. Once, I waited for one hours for my meal because they missed my order. However, the servicer apologized genuinely and treated me a dessert. After that, I still grab a bite at that restaurant.

In addition, the quality of production makes less loss. When the customer buys the broken products or goods, the company will have to make the extra to reimburse the mistake. Besides, the worser quality the company makes, the more problems each department have. That is, the different departments do not collaborate and generate well. It ends up making the negative results. Therefore, the company needs to spend much cost to re-build the regime or recruit the new blood, which cause the financial outflow and a great loss.

Lastly, going greens add up the good reputation. Nowadays, more and more people call for eat clean, use green and keep environmental-friendly. Making the product which leads to less harm to our vulnerable Earth is a crucial consideration. Hence, the company have to spend much more expense to invent and design the eco-friendly products that appeals to the customers. On the contrary, if the company only do anything that make a profit, it may not donate money to do something costly. It will lose some extension of customers.

In summary, that the company only does anything make a profit might lose more customers and money. The company should rivet the attention to enhancing their service that catch customers’ heart and make sure their quality of productions that reduce their financial loss. What’s more, they also need to published goods that are eco-friendly to follow up the trend.

1 Like

Undoubtedly, for most companies, the profits they make seem to come first when it comes to whether they are the most profitable company in the world. However, there are more and more people who are finding that judging whether a company is trustworthy is not only based on the profits it makes, but also for other reasons, such as customer service, production quality and social donation.

First, customer service influences the loyalty of customers. If a company provides satisfactory and surprising service to its buyers, trust in the company can be strengthened, and customers are more likely to give good reviews in comments, which encourages more people to shop and buy. I once waited an hour for my food because they missed my order. However, the waitress sincerely apologized and bought me a dessert. Since then, I still go to eat at this restaurant.

Besides, the quality of production makes less loss. If the customer buys a defective product or goods, the company has to pay extra to fix the defect. Besides, the worse the quality of the company is, the more problems the different departments have. That is, the different departments do not work well together and do not produce good results. This then leads to negative results. Therefore, the company has to spend a lot of money to rebuild the system or recruit new staff, which causes a financial drain and a big loss.

Finally, the greens contribute to the good reputation. Nowadays, more and more people demand to eat clean, use green products and protect the environment. Making products that do less harm to our fragile earth is an important consideration. Therefore, the company needs to spend much more money to develop and design environmentally friendly products that appeal to customers. On the contrary, if the company only does something that makes profit, it cannot donate money to something costly. It will lose a certain number of customers.

To sum up, a company that is only after profit might lose more customers and money. The company should focus on improving its service to delight customers and ensure the quality of production to reduce the financial loss. In addition, they should also release environmentally friendly products to follow the trend.

Here are some thoughts:

The statement “Businesses should do anything they can to make a profit” is a controversial one. While it is true that businesses exist to make a profit, there are ethical considerations that should be taken into account. It is important for businesses to balance the pursuit of profits with their social and environmental responsibilities.

There are many examples of businesses that prioritize profit over ethical considerations, which can lead to negative consequences for society and the environment. For instance, some businesses may exploit workers or engage in practices that harm the environment, all in the name of profit.

On the other hand, there are also many successful businesses that prioritize ethical considerations, such as fair labor practices, sustainability, and social responsibility, and still manage to make a profit. These businesses recognize that long-term success requires not only financial success, but also the trust and loyalty of their customers and stakeholders.

In conclusion, while it is important for businesses to make a profit, it is equally important for them to do so in an ethical and responsible manner.

Thank you so much for advice that makes my eassy stick to the main issue. Therefore, I rewrite it. Whether is it better and clear? :smiley:
:point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

Undoubtedly, for most companies, the profits they make seem to come first when it comes to whether they are the most profitable company in the world. However, there are more and more people who are finding that judging whether a company is trustworthy is not only based on the profits it makes, but also for other reasons, such as ethical issues or environmental problems.

First, employing the labors in an illegal way derives the locals of quality of lives. As we can see, in India, that the rate of child labors is extremely high so that it provokes the public to keep these problems bottled up. In some Africa countries, many international companies pay scanty salary to the locals that hardly support their family. Besides, employees with low salary struggle to find side jobs to bring home the bacon. Most of them overwork and stress up. Eventually, they end up committing a suicide or taking drugs to escape the worries and avoid the confusion. These problems all enhance the wealth gap in the world and decline the social welfare. Therefore, companies should concern about the fair labor practice.

In addition, protecting the environment to keep sustainable development is the consensus among nations. Quite a few countries join the international association and sign the convention to slow down the negative issues, such as, the green house, the melting icebergs, the river pollution and so on. Therefore, all the corporations should make effort to protect our Earth and produce products that is less harm to the environment. However, we still can see many scandals about dishonest firms or plants secretly emit the poisoned smoke into the air or discharge the toxic chemicals into the river. That cause threat not only to the health of people, but also to the diversity of wildlife.

To sum up, a company that is only after profit might cause many negative consequences. The company should focus on improving the social welfare, like paying the equivalent wage. It also should ensure process of operation and manufacture is eco-friendly, and make the nature develop sustainably.

1 Like