Businesses should do anything thay can to make a profit

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Nowadays, there is a great deal of shops, cafes, companies, and other businesses which are being set up every year. As far as I am concerned, I agree with the statement that businesses should do everything in order to make their profits, owing to the fact that making money is the main aim of any company, and people benefit from companies’ profits.

People set up their own businesses in order to gain a profit, and it is not a secret that it is one of the crucial steps of every developed economy. Moreover, thanks to these companies human beings always have places where they can easily buy food, spend their free time, have a dinner, and many other things. For example, my father is an owner of his own business. All his life he had dreamt of a shop until he found a place and built it. Furthermore, he had wanted a shop in order to make a profit, due to the fact that it is one of the main causes why people set up a business. Hence, making a profit, he gave me a chance to study in one of the best universities in our town.

Another significant reason why I agree with the above statement, is that businesses provide people with vacancies, salaries, and produced products, which we buy in shops. Furthermore, paying taxes to governments, countries are developing at full speed constructing new state buildings, such as hospitals, theaters, high schools and kinder gardens. For instance, working in a company, every employee wants his/her salary increased. Hence, having a profit, companies pay and rise salaries to employees. If businesses had not made a profit, people would not have had a chance to find a job and earn money.

Summing up the aforesaid, taking into account all the above reasons, we may safely draw the conclusion that businesses are one of the crucial stones of every economy. I agree with the statement that companies should make their profits, because of the fact that it is the main reason why people set up their own business, and it gives rise to positive impacts on people’s lives providing them with food, giving them jobs and paying them salaries.

TOEFL listening discussions: How many chemicals are required for the girl’s experiment?