Building a new restaurant in my neighborhood

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Nowadays, in order to meet the great needs of each person, many services are opened. It has been recently announced that a new restaurant may be built in my neighborhood. There has been a heated debate concerning the new announcement. In fact, there is a growing sentiment that puts more emphasis on the importance of building a restaurant. At the same time, there is a solid body of opinion that dislikes and says that the restaurant makes the neighborhood noisier. In my opinion, I concur with the former for three primary reasons.

First and foremost, building a new restaurant diversifies food choices for everyone. People have eaten a variety of food before makes them become more and more bored with the taste of the food. New opening restaurant means that people can change their choices to enjoy the new tastes. For example, I savored the beef at a restaurant and day by day I started to get bored by its unchanged taste. A new restaurant expands my choice to enjoy more new flavors of beef.

In the second place, a new opening restaurant is convenient. It would be great if there was the option to eat out within short walking or driving distance. Having a restaurant close to home, I feel like I can make a right now decision to eat, with the least amount of time and effort. The warmth of the restaurant will be a convenient place to meet friends and get family together. By way of illustration, one day you have a lot of work to deal with but you cannot prepare a meal or I just want to relax for the whole day, the restaurant is a great choice.

Thirdly and most importantly, building new restaurants will decrease the unemployment rate and help people to get new jobs. The restaurant has different career choices such as waitresses, accountants, chefs and so on. Those who are looking for a job or experience a job in different places, this helps them greatly. To give you an idea, if I were an accountant, it would be more convenient for me to apply for a job near my house, I don’t have to go any further to look for it.

To sum up briefly, I support the plan that a new restaurant may be built in my neighborhood. It will make a variety of choices, be convenient and also provide more jobs for everyone. Some people may argue that it would create neither a lot of noise nor traffic in our neighborhood. However, I reinforce the idea because all the benefits a restaurant offers.

3 Likes

Why did you completely ignore the fact that COVID-19 has changed the entire restaurant industry as described below?

3 Likes

I hadn’t thought about it while writing.

3 Likes

Thank you for your advice.

2 Likes