Bringing up children

Hi,

Did you treat your sons and daughters differently when they grew up? Would you teach boys and girls different things if you were to have children?

Englishuser

Hi EU,

What do you exactly mean by ‘different things’?

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to disappoint you, though: I don’t think I need to explain what “different things” could be. I am sure you can figure it out by yourself.

EU

Hi EU,

You’re right. If I had kids I could teach them to do many different things that I’d consider to be essential for them to be taught to. :slight_smile:

Hi Pamela,

Does that mean that the boy would learn the same things as the girl?

EU

Not always. Entirely depends on the thing you are going to teach your child, EU. Say, boys and girls can be taught to drive a car, but knitting only girls. I can hardly imagine a boy knitting a sweater. :lol:

Hi Pamela,

Do you have a problem with men who enjoy sewing and knitting? What if your son specifically told you he wanted to learn how to knit a sweater?

EU

No, I don’t, but it seems not so natural (usual) to me, though. If my son was willing to be taught to knit anything, I would have no objection.

Hi,friends !

:lol: :lol:

I think there are a lot of different things between girls and boys,
but in the same time there are same things which we’ll teach them for two genders.

for example:

two genders must learn and study and work.

I’ll teach my kids that

Mba

Hi Mba,

You said:

I totally agree with you!

EU

:smiley: :smiley:

Me too EU :wink:

Mba

I would hope that people have gotten well past the belief that certain activities/skills are gender specific.
I would certainly teach my children what most consider “life skills” regardless of gender association.

Hi Abr4xii,

You said:

That’s exactly what I think as well!

EU

My 16-year-old niece just loves driving her dad’s tractor, but my nephew hasn’t shown any interest in it whatsoever. However, I think that’s mainly because my nephew finds tractors to be generally “uncool”. 8)

There’s a song for your neph, Amy:

“She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy”

Just scroll down and click on the link:

cmt.com/artists/az/chesney_k … deos.jhtml