Bring back

Dear teachers

I have a question about the verb “bring back”.Is it a phrasal verb?
Can you tell me which sentence is correct? “Here are some tips to bring back the better condition to your life.” or “Here are some tips to bring better condition back to your life.”

Many thanks
Mahsa

Hello mahsa,

The second of your two options is the best one, though I am not sure what you mean by ‘condition’ and suspect that it should be ‘conditions’.

Bring … back is a phrasal verb. You can find out more by scrolling down the page here:
oxfordadvancedlearnersdictio … nary/bring

Hello
Thanks for your kind support but now I have another question.I’ve read an articale about being pessimistic and optimistic ,in this articale I found this sentence" Maintaing a hopeful ,positive ,yet realistic perspective in the face of hard times can be a real challenge but it is important to living peacefully and happily".
My question is about the verb “to living”.should’nt it be an infinitive?why the author used “ing” form of verb after to?

In addition does the word “yet” here means “but”?

Do you get what I mean?I’m not sure that I can say what I really mean.
It will be your favor if you correct me.thank you in advanced.

Mahsa

Living peacefully and happily whilst maintaining a hopeful, positive, yet realistic perspective in the face of hard times can be a real challenge.

The author isn’t wrong Mahsash.

I konow he doesn’t make mistake but I couldn’t understand why he used verb +“ing” form after to? can we use ing form of the verb after to?
this is my questin.
ehat about the meaning of “yet” here?

He could have used “and”, the meaning would not really be altered.

If I’ve got it properly from my dictionary, something is important to some other thing (noun) and not to a verb.

“living” is gerund here.(It means noun)

After the word important must be used a noun. (living)

In addition I must say that I don’t understand the whole sentence. Seems to me that “but” could be a wrong conjunction here or maybe one “also” is missed. I am not sure.

Thanks for complete explanation

Dear E2e4

Many thanks for your explanation and your kind help. without a doubt I couldn’t realize the structure of this sentence “It is important to living peacefully and happily.” grammaticaly yet. :frowning:

Actually, at length, I think there should be

It is important to peaceful and happy living. or eventually

It is important to living, (which is (ellipsis)) peaceful and happy. Now peaceful and happy are adjectives and not adverbs as they are in the original sentence.

Thanks

The structures offered so far do not sound right.
These are correct:
It is important to live as peacefully and happily as possible.
It is important to lead a peacful, happy life.

Teacher Beeesneees, we were observing the sentence as a latter clause in this sentence below

Maintaining a hopeful ,positive ,yet realistic perspective in the face of hard times can be a real challenge but it is important to living peacefully and happily".

Let us hear from you again, if possible.

Thanks

My advice still stands. The same endings are possible, but not the structures given earlier.
Your punctuation needs adjustment too.

Maintaining a hopeful, positive, yet realistic perspective in the face of hard times can be a real challenge, but it is important to live as peacefully and happily as possible.
Maintaining a hopeful, positive, yet realistic perspective in the face of hard times can be a real challenge, but it is important to lead a peacful, happy life.