Boring Company vs. The Boring Company

Hi @tim_m, thank you very much for creating the exercise on the Boring’s Las Vegas Tunnel | english.best which is very interesting and informative. However, I think the correct name of Elon Musk’s company is The Boring Company. If you agree, I will change it accordingly. By the way, when I first found out about The Boring Company in 2018 I thought that it was an odd name for a company because I thought of ‘boring’ as being tedious although in German there is a very similar word ‘bohren’.

2 Likes

Indeed! Here’s the official website of The Boring Company’s website: https://www.boringcompany.com/ I think it would be appropriate to correct the name, too. Thank you for catching the error. I was taken aback a bit by the name as well when I first heard Musk refer to it. I thought surely this is a joke.

3 Likes

Given Elon Musk’s creativity and entrepreneurial spirit I could imagine him choosing The Boring Company as the name for one of his many ventures deliberately. I mean this guy has been pushing so many crazy ideas at once most of which he has been able to convert into reality. Elon Musk is a highly unique individual on a multitude of levels and I’m happy to @Andrea on our team who shares her origin with Elon. Andrea, what does it feel like to have been born and raised in the same city as Elon Musk? What do you think of The Boring Company?

2 Likes

@Torsten - Elon Musk is from the same country but different city. He is from Pretoria and I’m from Cape Town. I’m at the bottom of Africa - ha ha ha. The two cities are far from each other. It is incredible that he has so many ideas and really wants to test the limit! He is clearly out there to make a difference and to prove to others that these things can be done. :slight_smile: Well, I guess if you team up with a South African, you’re in good company!! :wink:

2 Likes