Books and Experience

Please correct my mistakes and give your comments. Thank you.

It has been said “Not everything that is learned is contained in books” compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion which source is more important? Why?

There are two essential sources to gain knowledge. One source is to get knowledge from books, and the other source is to gain knowledge from experience. The essay topic asks us to choose which source is more important to us. However, it is difficult to me to say whether books are important or experience is important.

Books are schools and experience is life. To be wise, educational and experienced, a person needs to gain knowledge from two sources. From my point of view, both books and experience are equally important. So the objective of this essay is discuss the importance of both sources which are the knowledge from books is theoretical and consists of fact and background data, and the knowledge gains from experience is practical and teaches us about life.

Some people said “Life is the greatest school.” They consider the experience provides the practical skills of real life. However, in my opinion if we only choose to gain knowledge by experience we will miss books, the great source that can help us to be intelligent. Books, the mankind’s treasure, the most precious legacy, give us the ancients’ knowledge that has been keeping through many generations. Books also keep knowledge foundation of every science. Through books we can learn about the history of world, history of human and everything in this world. We can broaden knowledge about both social and natural sciences. Depends on books, we can expand our knowledge in various fields of interests. If we want to get education we should read books for success. However, there are things that we cannot find them on books, like practical skills.

Bookish knowledge is good, but not enough to make a person perfect. To be proficient in something, we can only develop by experience, not only by knowledge that gained on books. For example, books give us a variety of knowledge every field, from simple things to complicated things. With books, we could learn old people’s experiences about what they have done in the past, but this knowledge is theoretical, easily forget and shakable. The best way to learn is a learning combination of books and experience. For example, if someone wants to become a doctor and he or she only read books about medicine he or she will never become a doctor. Nevertheless, if he or she never reads books about medicine, only practice by experience it will take them a lot of time to gain knowledge that was studied since very long time ago.

Knowledge is one of things that we always maintain to learn through our lives. Knowledge from books effectively provides us with fundamental information about different fields and knowledge from experience gives us the real experience that we experience by ourselves. I believe that when someone values both sources equally he will have a perfect knowledge.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the Louisiade Archipelago host more bird species than the Hawaiian Islands?

2 Likes

This is the best essay I’ve ever read so far. If I were asked to valuate your text, I would give 9/10.

tomaSito

1 Like

Hello Bill,

Please correct my essay.

Hello Tomasio,

Thank you for your compliment.

1 Like

hi
There are two essential sources to gain knowledge. One source is to get knowledge from books, and the other source COMES FROM EXPERIENCE. The essay topic asks us PERSONALLY to choose which source is more important. However, it is difficult FOR me to MAKE THE DECISION ABOUT WHICH ONE IS MORE CRUCIAL.

Books are schools and experience is life. To be wise a person needs to gain knowledge from two sources, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE. From my point of view, both books and experience are equally important. So the objective of this essay is discuss the importance of both sources which are the knowledge from books is theoretical and consists of fact and background data, and the knowledge gains from experience is practical and teaches us about life. ( you must give your comparison between them, not only define its meaning, this is independent which means you have to give your own opinion. In my opinion, you should not say
“ So the objective of this essay is”, the grade knew its objective already)

Some people said “Life is the greatest school.” They consider experience AS THE practical skills of real life. However, in my opinion, if we only choose to gain knowledge by experience SO THAT we will miss books, the greatEST source that can help us to be ready FOR AQQUIRING EXPERIENCE. Books, the mankind’s treasure, the most precious legacy, give us the ancients’ knowledge that has been KEPT FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION. Books also CONTAIN THE BACKGROUND knowledge of every science. Through books we can learn about the history of world, history of human and everything in this world. We can broaden knowledge about both social and natural sciences. Depends on books, we can expand our knowledge in various fields of interests. If we want to SUCEED, we should read books for EDUCATION FIRSTLY. However, there are things that we cannot find the on books, WHICH ARE practical skills.

Bookish knowledge is good, but not enough to make a person perfect. To be proficient in something, we can only develop by experience, not only by knowledge that IS gained FROM books. For example, books give us a variety of knowledge IN every field, from simple TO COMPLICATED THINGS. With books, we could learn old people’s experiences about what they have done in the past, but this knowledge is theoretical, easily forgetTABLE and shakable. The best way to learn is MAKING THE combination of books and experience. For example, if someone wants to become a doctor and he or she only read MEDICAL BOOKS, he or she will never become a doctor. Nevertheless, if he or she never reads books about medicine, only practicING by experience will take them a lot of time to ATTAIN knowledge AS THEY COULD study since very long time ago.

Knowledge is one of things that we always maintain to learn through our lives. Knowledge from books effectively provides us with fundamental information about different fields and knowledge. WHILE THE experience gives us the SENSE OF PRACTICING AND REALITY that we UNDER-TAKE by ON OUR OWN. I believe that when someone values both sources equally IN SOMETHING, he OR SHE will have a PERFECT VISION ABOUT IT.

1 Like

Hello Bxnl,

I am so sorry for my late reply. Thank you so much for taking time to read and correct my essay. Please correct my mistakes whenever you see them.
Again, many thanks.

1 Like

it needs some extra hard work

1 Like