Best things in life cost money... ESSAY Please grade :-) Thanks!

The Best things in life don’t cost money
Some people think that the best things in life don’t cost money. Other people think that everything has its cost. My personal opinion is that you can buy almost everything with money. But of course there are things that are not tangible as feelings, friends, knowledge, etc. Of course you can create the illusion of those things such as feelings, friends, knowledge, etc. But of course it will not be real. Below I would like to stand some points for my opinion.
First of all, I would like to notice that there are many people that think that they can buy everything with money. Well, sure that they can create an illusion of those things. For example, you may have many people that will show themselves as your friends. But the question is, will they really behave to you as your real friends and help you one day when you will be in trouble? I think no. Because people that only go after money and try to be your friends because of that are not very good and fair people. For example I knew a person that was very rich. Being more accurate, his father was very rich and he was very popular in his school because of that. He had many friends, girls and boys who were going after their money and didn’t like that rich guy much. And one day when his father bankrupted and needed some moral help of people that called themselves friends, no one was there for him.
In addition, things that you buy with money will never be able to give you that much happiness. Because it is just an ordinary thing. That every man that has some money can buy. But things that you earn and achieve by yourself such as friends, knowledge, etc. are not just ordinary things they are most worthy things in person’s life.
In conclusion, I can state that money and materialistic things are of course important in our life. But things that are not tangible and that you earn by your behavior and efforts are the most worthy and best things in our life. Some things in our life cost money. But there are also things that cost a life.

TOEFL listening lectures: The lecturer uses the Gandara culture as an example of what?

2 Likes

Hi, I enjoyed your essay. I had a little trouble clearly understanding some of your ideas. I know what you are trying to say, but the sentences don’t sound as clear as they might be. Your grammar and vocabulary are very good though and your essay is well organized with good development and examples. Overall, I would rate this a 4 out of 5.

2 Likes

Wow, I just read your previous essays and this is an amazingly vast improvement over your first essay of just a few weeks ago. Congratulations, how do you progress so quickly?

1 Like

Wow… Honestly, I didn’t expect that good reply from you :slight_smile: Thanks you help me a lot. I read some other essays and just trying to improve my writing each time. Nothing special :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow… Honestly, I didn’t expect that good reply from you :slight_smile: Thanks you help me a lot. I read some other essays and just trying to improve my writing each time. Nothing special :slight_smile:

1 Like

can I change the sentence " But there are also things that cost a life" into " But there are also things that take a whole life to own"?. This is what I got from Tair’s essay. Does it sound more natural?

2 Likes

Hi Kate, I don’t think ‘But there are also things that take a whole life to own’. I do understand what you want to say though and I suggest:

For some people it might take a lifetime to earn enough money so they can afford certain things.

2 Likes