Best English exam?

What is the best English exam? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi welcome to the forum Openmind. :smiley:
In terms of English exams, as english.best suggested, a number of papers are available out there. But the question is what you are aiming for, an exam certificate that can be easily awarded? Or an exam recognition widely known to the world? It also depends on what level you on at the moment. 8) Please do feel free to post more questions here.

1 Like

I want to apply for an international company here in Brazil - which English exam should I take? Thanks.

1 Like

Andreana, the most widely used test of professional English is the TOEIC test.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A pick up truck with plants

I recommend the iTEP

1 Like

It depends on what you what to use the exam for. But, there is a variety of English proficiency exams out there. Of course, the TOEFL and IELTS are some of the more well known English tests, but in recent years new and more innovative tests have been developed and they are much more reasonably priced! Not everyone can afford to pay $200 or more to take ONE exam.

Pearson and the iTEP exam are some of the newest once. I have taken the iTEP exam. It was relatively short, compared to all the others, and it was cheap! Plus, some of the best colleges in California accept the iTEP. I am currently a student at Santa Monica College (SMC) which is one of the best colleges for international students in California.

I don’t know that much about the Pearson, but I really do recommend the iTEP.

1 Like

It is useful to distinguish between a test that you cannot pass and a test that you will always pass, no matter how many answers you get right. The TOEIC, for example, is a test where you will receive a TOEIC certificate regardless of your score, while most tests offered by British organizations such as the London Chamber of Industry and Commerce (LCCI), the Cambridge English Language Certificate Suite or IELTS are exams where you can fail and in this case will not receive a certificate.