believe or believing

Hi, there!
I´ve got the same problem with believe or believing in progressive form. The general rule in English as to the state verbs is that they are not usually used in ing form. But, there is the word usually. E.g. : Like and liking it is possible to use liking when the situation is temporary: The aunt is with us at the moment. The children are loving her here. The source is Martin Hewings Advanced grammar in use. However, the same book states the following: State words we rarely use with the present continuous include believe, consist of, doubt, own. But, there is the word RARELY which means that it is not excluded. Can anyone give me an example when we can use ing form of believe? I mean as a verb in progressive form, not the form of noun or special cases like songs because of the rhyme, etc.: Thanks. Gabriela

[i]Mike has been believing in the business cycle for a long time. That’s why he’s predicted…

…I see here is much more of a cult mind control. She probably was believing that he was Gods choice for her, that he was a great prophet of…

And cell phone range isn’t that great out there, and this guy was believing he was 30, 40 miles off, and he’s still getting reception…

It was important for me to hold on to what I was believing in, to what I was thinking about. [/i]