Being polite

Oh my goodness, Alan! I don’t think Torsten, master of positive thinking, will agree with this sort of thinking. :lol:

On the other hand, maybe those members of the younger generation were actually thinking
Sorry ([size=75]not to have realized sooner that I should stay out of your way[/size]).” :wink:

By the way, what age range would qualify as “the younger generation”? :lol:

Amy

Hi,

Why is Alan’s text missing?

Hi, we are going to restore Alan’s original post. As Alan put it ‘In trying to save it, I’m afraid I lost it.’ This has happened to me a couple of times with my own messages and then I would turn to Mr. Gromov who is keeping a backup version of our forum data base. With a little luck Slava will bring this message of Alan’s too.

Let’s see what Mr. Gromov has to say on this tomorrow…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Art[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Torsten, Yankee, Englishuser and Alan,

The topic “being polite” has been restored.
([size=75]http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic10275.html#27658[/size])

Slava

Hi Slava,

You’re brilliant as usual. What would we do without you?

My best wishes to you and your family.

Alan

Many thanks Alan!!!

Hi Alan

I sure hope the deletion wasn’t my doing somehow. I don’t think I’ve got a delete button in this forum, do I? Sorry if it was me who created all the trouble.

Hi Slava,

You do appear to be quite a genius! I can’t imagine having to work the miracle you’ve just worked. Wow!

Amy

Hello Amy,

I think it’s who and the other forum contributors who are working the miracels. We have to keep a backup version of our forum data base because there are enough hackers out there who want to play funny games with us.

Amy, as a Moderator you do have a delete button. It’s the small x icon next to the ‘quote’ and ‘edit’ buttons.
Restoring a forum message takes me about 5 minutes since the backup data base is constantly running the background. (backup + background)

Keep up the great work and let’s hope the weather cools down a little…
Slava

Hi Slava

I’ve seen that delete button in the two forums where I’m listed as a moderator, but don’t see one in this forum. But, no matter. It’s just great that Alan’s story could be saved. :lol:

Amy