bedbug

1correct sentence:
In the ecological balance of nature, there is a place for every kind of bug. However, geologists are puzzled as to where a bedbug should fit into the scheme of nature.

Correct answer: (d) geologists

Your answer was: incorrect
your sentence:
In the ecological balance of nature, there is a place for every kind of bug. However, entomologists are puzzled as to where a bedbug should fit into the scheme of nature.

Translate sentence or define “geologists”

Why geologists? Not entomologits who make scientific study of Insects.
Geologists make scientific study of the earth, including the origin and history rock and soil of which the earth is made.

1. It is sure that practical and not mobile is good.

One reason for the increase is because society tends to be much more … than in earlier times, traveling to various countries on vacations, unkowingly carrying the pests from one hotel to another or to their own homes.

(a)  mobile=That is nit fixed in one place and can be moved easily and quickly
(b)  manageable
(c)  transit
(d)  practical=(of a person)good at making and preparing things

‘Mobile’ is the correct answer. People move around a lot more. When they travel, they carry the pests with them.

Hello Bez,

Many thanks for your 10. answer because I had written ‘mobile’ and they called it incorrect and recommended ‘practical’ But I have two question because at the first the recommended answer was: geologists whereas it isn’t good. Not the geologists make study of insects but the entomologists.

My test is ready with these answers but I didn’t dare to send because somebody should control this test, because the possibility of “click here Explanation” doesn’t work when I clicked I 've got on another test of subjunctive.

Here my test since yesterday evening.

Bedbugs!
ESL test for elementary level students

Home > Free English Tests for ESL/EFL > English Grammar Test, Elementary Level # 277

All tests TOP 100 Forum Dictionaries

In the ecological balance of nature, there is a place for every kind of bug. However, … are puzzled as to where a bedbug should fit into the scheme of nature.

(a)  polygamists
(b)  protagonists
(c)  entomologists[b]-X[/b]
(d)  geologists

esl test: bedbugs! (questions)

Improve your progress in learning English! —
< Previous
These users have taken this test.
Next >
10/10

Reneve
249 days ago

10/10

Broucez
286 days ago

10/10

Maureen_Mulimakwenda
one year ago

10/10

Mudaiah
one year ago

10/10

Karlathenri
one year ago
Do you want to be in this list? Please register on our forum und take the tests with your own progress report!

Users with photos

Question: How to add my photo to my forum profile?

english vocabulary, grammar and idioms

These bugs seem to have survived more than a few thousand years due to a hearty resilience and … reproduction.

(a)  sluggish
(b)  prolific-[b]x[/b]
(c)  advanced
(d)  domestic

Pimsleur English ESL/EFL — Learning English can
be fun. Try this audio program and you will make progress fast.

esl lesson plans in 6 short stories with exercises

The history of the … bedbug dates back to some of the earliest civilizations.

(a)  incontinent
(b)  infestations
(c)  horrendous-[b]x[/b]
(d)  viable

Start FREE email English course now! — Join more than 100,000 learners!

have you ever heard about phrasebase?

Mankind has curiously wondered where the bedbugs originated and how they managed to … the world.

(a)  converse
(b)  exist
(c)  traverse-[b]x[/b]
(d)  increase

1528 English Grammar Exercises — Printable, photocopiable.
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC or anywhere.

english for beginners

Bedbugs were presumably first noticed by colonists in the early 1700’s, but they are not … to America. Many believe they came from Europe on sail boats, infested in the sailors bedding.

(a)  prodigious
(b)  indigenous-[b]x[/b]
(c)  industrious
(d)  fastidious

Start improving your listening skills today! — Take these listening exercises now.

language is a cycle

For most of the population living with bedbugs was simply a way of life as the standard of cleanliness was not as … as it is currently in most countries.

(a)  pronounced-[b]x[/b]
(b)  programmed
(c)  devised
(d)  diminished

british vs. american english

Not surprisingly, when higher standards of hygiene were … as well as providing public education of the dangers of the bugs, steps were taken to destroy all kinds of insects that invaded people’s lives.

(a)  constant
(b)  implemented-[b]x[/b]
(c)  fastidious
(d)  finalized

want to learn english language through hip-hop?

These tiny … creatures were brought under control after the pesticide DDT was used, but when it was banned in 1970, the bugs became extremely prolific.

(a)  fascinating
(b)  adventurous
(c)  insidious-[b]x[/b]
(d)  creative

vocabulary games: english adverb quiz

In the past few years, bedbug … have dramatically increased, equalling what was previously known to exist in the 16th century.

(a)  colonizations
(b)  existences
(c)  infestations-[b]x[/b]
(d)  imagination

esl english vocabulary: verb noun adjective lists

One reason for the increase is because society tends to be much more … than in earlier times, traveling to various countries on vacations, unkowingly carrying the pests from one hotel to another or to their own homes.

(a)  mobile-[b]x[/b]
(b)  manageable
(c)  transit
(d)  practical

There is no sense sending it again because It would get back to me that is incorrect.
My computer shows spelling mistake in the tenth there are typos :(traveling and not travelling and unkowingly not unknowingly. It is written in red: phrasebase and photocopiable. I don’t know why?

Regards:
Kati

Hello Everybody,

I have to explain why I copied immediately my first test-question.

Because it happened to me several times that I received another answer whereas my original answer had been good. I accepted the recommended word I had written in my test and my test had been wrong again.

There isn’t possibility to prove, it is unless to say that “but I had just written it previously”-because the progress report shows only the number that the 1 was wrong with both answers.

“The snakes gets its tail”-we say in Hungarian. Now I didn’t have possibility to watch the first"Click here for Explanation" because I clicked several times and I got another page. At the second it worked correctly, but my second answer was good.

Here it was so obvious that the recommended answer wasn’t good that’s why I wanted to show you - what happens if you give us a wrong answer.

I am looking forward to your opinion.

Best regards:
Kati Svaby

I get to know the two words which had been written in red:

phrasebase est une communauté de partenaires d’échanges linguistiques qui s’aident mutuellement à apprendre des langues étrangères par la mémorisation de mots et phrases courantes.

Photocopiable

It seems to me that these words are not in my laptop. Photocopiable is very common and I didn’t understand why they had written it in red.

Regards:
Kati Svaby

Hello Bez,

You have loaded the dice against me. I couldn’t imagine why it is good for you that if I have two or more problems you can afford to answer only one.

You didn’t answer my FIRST question , you left me in the incertitude whether the mistake is in the test or the computer ?

Poor Mr. Kyaw spoke about the human goodness. I think it is a good example for the charity, the fraternal love.

Do I have to beg you on my knees to answer my questions.

I think the same thing never happened to you that you passed a test and it was good .But the test wrote not correct and recommended a new word - what was an incorrect word .You wrote in and your test was wrong again-(of course) with the other word also. You became uncertain which word to try again. Somebody or the computer could do it twice or three times that the good answers could be changed. As I didn’t want to set my nerves on edge I asked you. But you didn’t answer so I haven’t the slightest intention of continuing to pass tests.

It happened to me several times and I always stopped doing more tests for several months. I began to fear that this could happen any time. Yesterday after the first test I had to abandon for this reason.

I believed that we can solve this problem if you had written to me " Kati, write in the 'entomologists ’ we will accept it."

Now I wasn’t at home for several hours but I hurried home because I thought that I would receive an answer. You didn’t do me this favour. I think it is a deliberate act towards me.

Allegedly you are a teacher, can I ask you : do you teach your pupils with this method also? As I used to be a teacher this method is very strange and inhuman to me.

Regards:
Kati

Kati,

Point 1 - I did not see your first question. When I viewed the last post made I could not see the one above it on my screen so it went unnoticed…

Point 2 - This is the first time I have had a chance to check this website in over 24 hours. I am not continually here.

Point 3 - I have no control over the technical aspects of the test.

Point 4 - I am disinclined to help you when you say such things to me as you have in the above message.

I think you should have more forbearance, because this is a free service and the teachers here don’t get paid and do pro-bono work.

Hello Bez,

Okay, it happened to me also that I didn’t notice a previous letter. But I besought you in more letters to not to let me in incertitude and make me sure if I wrote the entomologists I couldn’t set an avalanche into motion.

Now you avoided to answer this question.

You avoided to answer other problems which I enumerated:

• When I clicked “Click here for explication” I got an other thread. Only the first controversial question. It is what kind of mistake?

-You paid no attention that this is not the first that I fell into this trap this was the reason that I begged for your answer I wanted to avoid this

• I wrote also that you might not know this feeling when you feel like doing tests and from your joy will be killjoy.

In this last letter you enumerated 1/2/3/4 points without answering that what is the problem with this test.

How is possible that this test hadn’t be solved by anybody for one year.

The question comes up that they reached 10/10 points with etomologists or (geologists what the test recommended ). And what did they write in the tenth where the good answer would be mobile but the test recommended practical ?

This is not the first time when you say you are not continually there. ( I did write no one letter! ).

If you are disinclined to give us an explanation about the mistake of the test you punish not only me but everybody who steps in the trap of bedbug test.

Regards:
Kati

Hello Tort,

I opened this thread to show a mistake in a test. Read pleas my two opening letters.
I didn’t hurt anybody but when I saw that my questions remains without answer I tried to explain why I lost my forbearance.

I understand now that she has her excuse:
"This is the first time I have had a chance to check this website in over 24 hours. I am not continually here. "

Her checking didn’t work. She had selected the letters and unfortunately my letters hadn’t been picked out.

That’s why I lost my head.

I am curious and I will see that how many letters she could answer for 24 fours?

Kati

I have not avoided answering your question. I said this:

Point 3 - I have no control over the technical aspects of the test.

In other words, if the test doesn’t work correctly for you, I cannot tell why and I cannot do anything about it.

I don’t know what other letters you are talking about where you also asked for advice on the word ‘entymologists’. You post in many threads and your topics often jump from one thread to another.

I answer as many questions as possible on the forums. I cannot possibly see or respond to them all. I would be tied continually to the computer to be able to do that.

Hello Bez,

You couldn’t answer the question that if I can write the entomologists in the first test, it will be accepted ? I opened this thread only for that I receive an answer for this question. For answering this it is enough to born and bred in the UK than you, /or if you think that I shouldn’t write it you could set my fears at rest and you could have said that they control this test.

But I didn’t have any answers for my first question till now.

Regards:
Kati

Kati, It wasn’t straightforward to even understand the point you were trying to make and the question you were asking. Even now I’m not sure whether this is what you want to know, but I’ll try once more to cut through all the unnecessary parts and the two threads (at least) where you have mentioned this and put this as simply as possible:

Your answer ‘entomologists’ is correct. ‘Geologists’ is wrong.
Your answer ‘mobile’ is correct. ‘Practical’ is wrong.
The problem is not with your own computer. It is with the test answer key.

Hello Bez,

Many thanks for your answer. I 've done these tests in turn. Yesterday evening --whereas I knew that geologist couldn’t be good answer as in Hungarian we say almost the same word,- so I decided to continue to do the tests but before I deposited the ‘ten words’ in a letter to Alan.

I opened the test. The first was that I clicked the “Click here for explanation’” of the first test. And I got a page with subjunctive . I copied the link to Alan. And I began to do the tests and the result was same than two days ago .2 mistakes in the first and the tenth. My correct sentences were copied as bad answers. And the two bad answers was represented as good answers.

Everything happened in the same way as 2 days ago. Since nobody examined this test!!! Nobody cared about it. You didn’t believe me that there is a mistake. This mistake can be there for a long time because the persons who could solve it minimum one years ago. I am hurt that you considered me an idiot whose request is negligible. I begged you but it was like than talking to a brick wall.

After all yesterday evening I continued to do the tests and they were good except the bedbugs.

My progress report:

1. Relative Pronouns 10/10
100.00% 1:25m 18 Dec 2012 15:21:35 Incomplete, elementary
8 2 3 2:22m 18 Dec 2012 15:19:12

2. How to use the articles 10/10
100.00% 1:50m 18 Dec 2012 15:16:37 Incomplete, elementary
3. Modal Verbs 10/10
100.00% 1:10m 18 Dec 2012 15:14:28 Incomplete, elementary
8 1 9 3:25m 18 Dec 2012 15:11:55
4. Start vs. Begin 10/10
100.00% 2:01m 18 Dec 2012 15:07:31 Incomplete, elementary
9 7 3:47m 18 Dec 2012 15:05:07
5. Finish vs. End 10/10
100.00% 2:02m 18 Dec 2012 14:48:49 Incomplete, elementary
7 5 9 10 3:11m 18 Dec 2012 14:45:15
6. Listen vs. Hear 10/10
100.00% 2:22m 18 Dec 2012 14:41:51 Incomplete, elementary
8 4 10 3:24m 18 Dec 2012 14:38:23
7. Drive carefully 10/10
100.00% 2:15m 18 Dec 2012 14:34:45 Incomplete, elementary
8. Speaking already 10/10
100.00% 1:58m 18 Dec 2012 14:32:14 Incomplete, elementary
9. Life: Phrasal Verbs 10/10
100.00% 1:26m 18 Dec 2012 14:27:01 Incomplete, elementary
6 1 2 8 10 8:55m 18 Dec 2012 14:23:05
10. Vocabulary Practice: Going to the Beach! 10/10
100.00% 2:03m 18 Dec 2012 14:13:59 Incomplete, elementary
9 3 5:08m 18 Dec 2012 14:11:28

12-23 there are other tests.

24. Household Items (4) 10/10
100.00% 4:03m 02 Dec 2012 05:10:08 Incomplete, elementary
25. Real Life: Outdoor Chores (1) 10/10
100.00% 1:49m 02 Dec 2012 04:32:33 Incomplete, elementary
9 6 7:40m 02 Dec 2012 04:29:44
26. Real Life: Cleaning Supplies (1) 10/10
100.00% 1:24m 02 Dec 2012 04:11:07 Incomplete, elementary
9 8 4:05m 02 Dec 2012 04:09:19
27. Real Life: Outdoor Chores (1) 0/10
0% 0:16m 02 Dec 2012 04:04:35 Incomplete, elementary
28. Household Items (2) 10/10
100.00% 1:08m 02 Dec 2012 04:04:06 Incomplete, elementary
9 2 3:31m 02 Dec 2012 04:02:40
29. Household Items (1) 10/10
100.00% 1:17m 01 Dec 2012 13:14:47 Incomplete, elementary
8 4 6 6:23m 01 Dec 2012 13:12:46
30. Electronic Devices (1) 10/10
100.00% 1:38m 01 Dec 2012 12:58:04 Incomplete, elementary
9 8 1:48m 01 Dec 2012 12:55:37
9 8 1:37m 01 Dec 2012 12:49:44
8 1 5 3:50m 01 Dec 2012 12:47:13
31. Areas in a House (1) 10/10
100.00% 2:51m 01 Dec 2012 12:43:05 Incomplete, elementary

I copied here for that you could see that the series of test are good . Every test can be corrected only the bedbug is insoluble !

Regards:
Kati

This is NOT TRUE, Kati.

1. Please show me where I indicated I did not believe you. This is untrue. I never said any such thing.

2. Please show me the post where you imply I considered you an idiot. This is not true either. I never did any such thing, though I did find it difficult to understand/find the point you were making in your long, rambling messages.

3. You begged me for no reason, as I saw nothing that I hadn’t responded to over and over again.

4. How dare you throw such an accusation as it being ‘like talking to a brick wall’ when talking to me. I did my best to help you. I shan’t bother in future if my efforts are going to be met with such distain.

Kati, Bev has been a pillar of our forum providing excellent service to our community completely free of charge. Please do reconsider the wording of your previous messages to her. I think you crossed a certain line. Since April 2010 Bev has answered close to 25000 questions here on the forum. How can you use such language in speaking to her?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A walk in the park[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Kati,

I agree with Torsten.

Please, don’t take my comments as a reproach, but I don’t think she (or anyone else here) has to give you an excuse why she hasn’t replied to you in a timely fashion, sinse she isn’t in your employ. Her explanation as to why she hadn’t replied was just a courtecy. You’re being unfair.

Dear Bez and Torsten,

First I would like to excuse for my impatient and and defamatory words towards Bez. Dear Bez I hope you could forgive me.

I become very nervous because I take a fancy to do the tests . My pleasure lasted only few minutes. Immediately after the first I met this mistake what was obvious this is a computer-mistake. As I had met several times this kind of mistakes and this was difficultly soluble and time-consuming, please don’t wonder that I became breathless.

I decided that I copy the wrong test for that I call your attention of this mistake.

I opened a new thread and I sent it because I wouldn’t dream the other mistake will be also a computer-mistake. The tenth was the other so on this thread I sent a report of the second mistake.

I waited very much an answer something similar : “that we would see this test and would tell you what to do.”

This didn’t happen. I am sure that I made mistake when I didn’t restrict myself to speaking only about the mistake.

About the antecedents:

Several times it happened that the counter of my progress report didn’t work or badly. It was never to my advantage but always to my disadvantage. I noticed about it to you ,Torsten and you always answered me "be impatient this is ‘central server problem’ (unfortunately I don’t remember the correct expression but I hope you remember) and you sent me several letters that you have to wait for 2 month,after for half-year, after for a year. We could find these answers. And I didn’t understand why the other’s server works well why I am the unlucky who has to be disappointed when I felt like doing some test? Why tests meant me - after a while - that this isn’t a good amusement but an eternal fear of what will happen in the next moment.

Let me tell you even a bad experience - after a long break - I felt myself enough strength to do tests. As I didn’t do them for a long time I decide to do 50 tests . I accidentally observed that my counter stopped and it didn’t count 30 tests. I wrote to you ,Torsten and you answered the habitual text “Please be patient , server-problem ,we are repairing it.” (not word for word but its essence is correct)

To tell the truth I didn’t care about the points, I get easily over it, but when I observed I lost my interest in doing them.

There are other interesting things to learn a language.

I am very sorry that it was the last straw and I broke out in angry words. Dear Bez, I beg your pardon for my hurting words but I was looking forward to receiving an answer.

Dear Torsten, you are right that you defended Bez, because she could be very nice and after Kytos she was the second teacher who wrote me an encouraging letter what I never would forget.

Best regards:
Kati Svaby

Hello Tort,

What I wasn’t need for your lecture. I think neither Bez nor Torsten needed an unwanted advocate.
What is my opinion about your sentence?

I didn’t know this because when we begin a language course it’s none of our business that they get paid and do pro-bono work.

There are very good free language courses on the Internet - I have no idea that the teachers do them for money or non-profit, one single thing is interesting for me, that I like it or not. I tried not one, they are very polite, nice there is less misunderstanding than here - but I opted for this one.

Why? I don’t say only I liked it with these problems together what I tried to describe to Bez and Torsten.

Bye:
Kati