BACK HEEL

Dear to whom may it concern,
‘Back Heel’ is an expression that uses in football game. Is it common to use it in other way?
Regards
Mitra

Mitra,

the word is ‘backheel’ (noun and verb), and I can’t think of any other uses really, literal or idiomatic.

Dear Thredder,
Thank you very much indeed.
Regards
Mitra

Hello, is my correction OK?

It’s better in one place and worse in another but if you want to correct the entire message then you need to do a little more anyway.

“Backheel” is an expression that is used in football games. Is it common to use it in any other way?

Beeesneees,

my two on-line dictionaries do not recognise the word backheel.
One of them recognises “back-heel”.

After I’ve thought about the matter I agree with you this time, not with them.

They both recognise the word frontman. One of them says “front man” is also possible.

Why wouldn’t “backheel” be correct then?
Furthermore I can accept it either as a verb or adjective.

backheel kick ~ “backheel” could be an adjective here (probably not used much)
When I was young and playing football I liked to backheel the ball.

In addition one of them recognises the words backdoor, back door and back-door… The other one, doesn’t, just “back door”…

Thanks

I don’t know enough about football to know whether the expression should be ‘backheel’ or back-heel’, but suspect both are acceptable. I’ve certainly found them both in dictionaries.
Perhaps the problem with this type of phrase (to hyphenate, split of combine) stems from the fact that native English speakers tend to be more flexible about use or non-use of the hyphen than learners, who understandably would prefer a more well-defined stance.