B. No, you're wrong I didn't employ my name. The car is still mine because I signed it Mickey Mouse

B. No, you're wrong I didn't employ my name. The car is still mine because I signed it Mickey Mouse. (*) wrong (*) employ (*) mine

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/24712,b-no-youre-uwrongu-i-didnt-uemployu-my-name-the-car-is-still-umineu-because-i-signed-it-mickey-mouse/
2 Likes

Did the sentence answer itself?

1 Like

No, there is a mistake in this sentence. There is a word that does not fit. You need to find the word that doesn’t make sense and replace it with one that does.

2 Likes

I didn’t sell my name

1 Like

How is anyone supposed to know that? I’ve been here a few months now and I’m only just starting to understand what to do with some of these Englishlearner questions. This particular question made no sense at all until now.

3 Likes

“sell” doesn’t work here.

2 Likes

This type of question is called “Errors in Sentences” and was an integral part of the previous version of the TOEIC test. When ETS updated the TOEIC test, the “errors in sentences” part was removed, but we decided to keep the questions in our database as they are still useful for learners for various reasons.

2 Likes

Alright Sir Torsten Derr (Sir Mystery Mann)

What about “use”, Is it works well, here?

2 Likes

Yes, “use” works here but your question does not.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. It is the modern English of mine. Does it work well, here? Sir Torsten, I think that you are more than one person. You have two audio voices, thick and thin. You have many different pictures. You are not a real. You are a fictional character for the purpose of creating a suspense factor (interesting effect) for teaching English. May be you are niether English nor German, Are n’t you? What about the videos? What a mystery you are! You know sir, I’m real rabbit, now. Please, do not ask me how.

Best regards

2 Likes