At your footsteps?

I am reading a tourism document, I have one phrase of ‘at your footsteps’ that I don’t understand in the following sentence:

When you stay at Ha Noi hotel, Hanoi’s lively capital city is at your footsteps.

Please help me clarify it!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Galilom2002,

My assumption is that your sentence was not written by a native speaker of English. The writer seems to have confused (mixed up) two or more different idioms (which have different meanings):

My best guess is that the writer meant to use the third one above (at your doorstep) which basically means ‘very near’ or ‘in the immediate vicinity’ in such a context.

To me it also sounds like confusion between different expressions. However, there are one or two Google hits (in the required sense), including book hits, that seem to be definitely written by native speakers. I wondered if perhaps I hadn’t heard it because it was AmE, but I see Yankee is from the USA, so that wouldn’t explain it. I’m not sure if it’s just a muddle that some native speakers have also picked up, or a genuine but rare expression.

How r u all friends?Anybody can help me during this course???

Thanks all of you!