At the press room, zoom into, fumbled

This is why only a handful of reporters turn up at parliament at the press room in Parliament because only outlets like Yahoo will need to be there because they do not have the live feed. As for the other reporters who have the livefeed, they turn up at the Parliament to capture what is not shown in the livefeed as the camera tend to only zoom into the speakers and not at what is happening on the parliament floor.

With regard to the “fumbling” by Deputy Prime Minister Heng, Mr Yong said that it was not the first time he saw 4G leaders fumbled.

1. In the first sentence of the first paragraph, should it be “in the press room” instead?

2. In the second sentence of the first paragraph, is “zoom into” correct?

3. In the second paragraph, should it be “fumble” instead?

Thanks.

2 Likes

I think the phrasal verb ‘turn up’ in the given context is always followed by the preposition ‘at’ as in ‘He turned up at the party unexpectedly’ even if the object is ‘room’.

As for zoom into, I do think it’s correct in the given context and yes, you need the noun ‘fumbling’ rather than the infinite ‘to fumblr’. Let’s see what @Alan, @Anglophile and @Andrea have to say.

1 Like

Hi.

1. I would differ on the first one.

The reason why only a handful of reporters
    turn up to the press room at Parliament is
    because…
    Example: Hundreds of people turned up to see
    the ship dock at Southampton.

2. “zoom into” - :+1: Agree with Torsten

3. fumbling - :+1: Agree with Torsten

2 Likes
  1. In the first sentence of the first paragraph, should it be “in the press room” instead? (at is okay as Torsten has said)
  2. In the second sentence of the first paragraph, is “zoom into” correct? (To me, tends/tended to zoom in on would sound better)
  3. In the second paragraph, should it be “fumble” instead? (Fumbled is correct as it has happened)
    Edited: After seeing Andrea’s reply, I realized that I had mistaken fumbled for fumbling. If you mean fumbling, it is correct as opined by Torsten and Andrea)
3 Likes

In the second sentence of the first paragraph, is “zoom into” correct? (To me, tends/tended to zoom in on would sound better)

Yes, this does sound better. :grinning:

3 Likes