ASVAB Forum and ASVAB vocabulary tests

ASVAB stands for Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.
It is a multi-aptitude test you can take at over 14,000 schools throughout the US. The ASVAB is adminstered and maintained by the Department of Defense.
The areas are critical for your ASVAB scores:

• Arithmetic Reasoning
  • Mathematics Knowledge
  • Paragraph Comprehension
  • Word Knowledge
If you take the ASVAB your scores in the above mentioned sections count towards your Armed Forces Qualifying Test (AFQT) score. The AFQT score determines whether you're qualified to enlist in the U.S. military.

Linda Arlia, an ESL trainer from Canada, has created a word list containing ASVAB vocabulary and you take these tests here:
english-test.net/asvab/

If you want to work with us just like Linda, you can read the information below:
english-test.net/esl-jobs/

Your english-test.net team[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Motocross[YSaerTTEW443543]

you know what. VE part of the whole version of the test is the most significant. If you gained low scores in the parts of word problems plus pharagraph comprehension, your percentile score of AFQT would result in a low mark, which could fail you to enlist at a single stroke. Math part is also important but does not affect as much as VE part the AFQT percentile score as a result. Let’s say you gave correct answers to 100% of math part, and lost over 60 % of VE part, you would abso-fucking-lutely fail. To the contrary, if you lost over 60% of Math part, and answered 100% of VE part correctly, you would defi-fucking-nately pass. This seems designed unfavorable for immigrants who never learned, practiced, or used english words that would scarcely be encountered in their casual lives. So, if the test takers are natives, they will surely pass without working fuking hard.

im having a problem too.only thing is i had an asvab book and i studied all the words and none of the words were on the pre test.then my skills in math are pretty bad so i decided to get a tutor.my recruiter just told me to find some ne words.are the words on this site on the asvab or close to the ones on the asvab.if not what can i do? :frowning:

I tried signing up for OCS (Officer Candidate School) with the Army… took the ASVAB and got an overall score of 99 (even though I had no idea about engines, electronics, or several other topics that were covered in the test… which made me wonder how I got a 99).

Then I had to open my big mouth and mention my asthma as a kid, and was given my walking papers. lol

…probably a blessing in disguise, though at the time I was pissed. I remember thinking, “Let me help run a military hospital or something – am I really going to be sleeping in hay every night or running ten-mile sprints through moldy forests?” (the asthma is still occasionally triggered by allergens).

Moral of the story:

Keep your mouth shut – do not volunteer information unless you are asked.

Does anyone besides me see a difference between ‘exhaustingly complete’ and ‘exhaustively complete’? :lol:

I don’t understand the difference…is there one? i usually use the latter

1 Like

could anyone send me some better link for gmat prepatation??? my email adress is babu4165@yahoo.com

Well there are some…All you really have to do is READ READ READ…Its Worked for me!
Also Remember when Taking the real ASVAB test Just rember its ONLY a TEST!its not the end of the world…You have plenty of time to after you take your first one or second one to study…I actually thought the real thing was much easier than the one they give you at the recruiters office.

What is the best way, to get better in word knowledge, I mean one in million chance of the word i study will come. I mean with world i never here before, I mean pre-fix and suffix, doesn’t work for me. english is my second language, spanish is my first.
any recomendation i will really appreciate it.
I believe this page is very good compare to other I mean.

what recomendation you can give me for the part reading part, sometime there word i dont understand of the four.

any one know the best way to guest in that situation.

thanks.

where is here i can practice the part for arithmetic and math knowledge, I am not good in world problem, any suggestion that can help me.
thanks, and good night people.

looking my future in armed force,

Can any body hint me n how to score the highest score possible in the ASVAB test?
Also, I studied the asvab very well for two weeks and i did very well but, on taking the real asvab test i got 30%. what went wrong?

I will be grateful if anyone can help. my e-mail, bluefanatic99@yahoo.com

I’ve just done the ASVAB test M19 question 7.

In question 7 the definition of “abtdicate” was asked.
The right answer was: abdicate=“to formally take over high power, office or responsibility”

I am somehow confused about the expression of “take over” in the given context.
Should “give up” be used here instead?

Would the right defenition of abdicate be: to formally give up high power, office or responsibility?

Bernd

I have an application in my iphone with 600 vocabulary words + 300 from this site + audio lessons on my ipod. Hope i’ll do my best on real asvab. The only one thing has working - studying…

Hello Friends,
I have GMAT Offical 10 , 11, 12 edition E Book .

Drop me a mail at firjal2010@gmail.com . i will send you the E Book

Im taking the exam next year because I failed the asvab testing 8 months ago but would this effect my chances to grow in the military as in ranking, I dont want them to know I failed. I wont bring it up

I am gonna tell you my story here.

Well, I had a very poor skill on these things. But I had option but improve it. So I started digging the web, I am believe in internet so much I think it has solution to every problem it’s god to me.

I started with English vocab. stay updated with regular blogs, then math and other part of tests.

Then Finally, I started to search about ASVAB like tricks and tips, time, faqs, and etc which can help and came to my mind. That’s how I scored 96.6.