Associations with 'Ukraine'

Dear Victor !
Hi привет you have a very beautiful country I had been studying for six years in Kiev in aviation street КВВАИУ from 1975 up to 1981
I visited Ukraine Kiev and Krim where the nature is very beautiful for two weeks with some friends whom I picked up when I was studying they are from your great Ukraine in 2011 you have great country simple people
Славо Украйне Best Wishes to you and your country Bassam1

My first association with ‘Ukraine’ is patent applications. Until last year, I handled many foreign patent applications, and they include some Ukrainian patent applications.

Here are a couple of associations with Ukraine I’ve obtained recently: The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Madonna and Шалена бджілка Фрутті :wink:

hi
I know ukraine is an eurupian country separated from soviet union. I know about the disaster of chernobyl city.

Hi Taybe,

Thanks a lot for your message. Chernobyl was indeed a disasterous event but was not exactly something that happened in Ukraine. It happened in the Soviet Union. Now Ukraine is much safer and what’s more the country has been making progress almost in any area ever since they became independent.

Hi dear tosten
Thank you for your complete answer.
I Hope the people of ukraine will be happy always .
And hope to have a peaceful world.

Sure, we now live in a world that has the best conditions for peace and prosperity ever. I’m so happy that I live now and I wasn’t born 30 or 40 years ago. Today I can meet such wonderful and intelligent people like and speak with them freely about any subject.

I know Ukraine, but only a little, heard about it a few times. In our country, we spell your name like this " U-cờ-rai-na"! Just so you now, i’m from VietNam

1 Like

If they keep Tymoshenko in prison for the next 7 years the Ukrainians will soon be associated with tolerating one of the last totalitarian regimes in Europe.

Hi Victor,

I’m from Bulgaria and I have heard a lot of your country, special of Chernobyl. At that time I was ten years old, but everyone was speaking about the disaster in Ukraine. Also when I hear about Ukraine I think about my colleague or workmate. She is from Kiev, But she works and lives in Germany. I have never been in Ukraine and I woud visit it one day.
Best regards
Cevrie

Hello Mr. victor,

Honestly speaking, i have no idea about your country, Ukraine; but i like making friends. I’m pleased to know you as it is a suggestion from our teacher, Torsten.
Anyway, after we know each other, i think we can share much more viewpoint about our countries.

At the meantime, after i read Rani’s essay, I feel very interested in it. However, what i want to share to her essay is about the idea of one philosopher, Mr. Charles Darwin, which is said "we are what we are because of evolution, not divine creation.

Sincerely yours,

Yara

Please correct or comment if i have made up any mistake!

Hello to everyone,

The topic for today: UKRAINE

That sound interesting talking and sharing thought about that country. Especially for me (I never thought that I would give an opinion about it someday). Ukraine have some similarities with Albania, as well, former Communist country, struggling with communism roots…it founds itself fighting with corruption, with mafia. Now it tooks the bull from the horns and it is struggling a lot and I think it still has a fatigue imagine of a democratic country.
I felt very sorry about the former prime minister (first of all she is woman, a mother, a wife…a human being)…and how people can be capable to reach that point only to safe themselves and to gain more and more power than they could. That’s not freedom!
Any way a beautiful thing that I heard about Ukraine was that amazing girl that won European song contest 2012 for kids. She shocked me with her performance…

Best to all,

Rovena

Whenever I hear the name Ukraine I feel cold!

To add up, I remember athletes and beautiful girls!!

Not anything else, it would remind me of.

I am in mistake or not? I don"t know!!

Here can get in idea of what work day at one of the best Ukrainian IT companies looks like: A work day at Zfort Group[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: An Asian boat pier[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi, Victor

I’m Monica from your neighbor country, Romania. I noticed something:
If you replace the word “Ukrainian” with “Romanian” in your phrase, you will obtain what we were told when I was in school - the same thing, isn’t it? the “bright future” was in our hands too. What a coincidence ! :slight_smile:

Also, was my country known in the world for something else but for Nadia Comaneci? We had that annual international musical festival “The Golden Deer’” and one of the singers from abroad has been asked to show on the map the location of Romania - she pointed a completely different place, not even in Europe! I couldn’t believe!

See you!
Monica

Hello , Victor.
I’m Saidu i’m Nigerian happy to meet you and friends from Ukraine,what i like best to have friends,tourism readings etc.
Many thanks.

Hi, Victor

How are you? I hope you’re having/you had a super Christmas holiday.

I don’t know very much about Ukraine, but I’d like to go there one day. I’d like to see Chernivtsi (named Cernăuţi in Romanian), and see the places where our national poet, Mihai Eminescu, attended primary school and high-school, and see if there are people who still speak Romanian there. I heard it’s a beautiful town, with many monuments and natural beauties.
I’d also like to visit the capital, Kiev, of course, because I love big cities charged of history, where a tourist has many interesting places to visit.
By the way, I love being a tourist - and you?

Regards, Monica

Hello everybody,

Once, I have liked history. Every part of this world has a history itself. What I have learned from history, is to leave on my way out from this world good thing to learn for next generations, so they can leave in turn good things to learn for their next generations. I think this is what next generations have to learn from history: good things.
The fight for resources, money, territory is useless. I think that our main problem is that we are blinded by the power of money. There are some situations when things are done to get something better, an improvement, something new for this world, for next generations and on this way I would like to thank this team for their efforts and work in bringing something new and very useful indeed. It is not only the world that we have to fight for, there is a whole universe that is waiting to be explored.

I deviated , a little’’ :slight_smile: from the subject of this topic.
As I have seen on google images and photos from google earth I believe that Ukraine is a beautiful country, with the most important thing, precious, hardworking and talented people, as can be seen in the link bellow.

[color=blue]http://adevarul.ro/entertainment/tv/un-dans-rar-mai-vezi-ucraina-talent-2013-juriul-mut-uimire-8_514f2b8e00f5182b85486d46/index.html

Best regards,
Nicu

My knowlege about Ukrain is not much;

• It is located in Eastern Europe, next to Russia
  • Far north part of the globe, weather is very cold in winter which is long, but also you have beautiful spring and their is a special festival for flower celebration
  • I remember also when I was young, say fourty years ago, I have seen a great show of ballet dances on the biggest stage of culture exchange, in my country Egypt.
  • Ukrain women are beautiful, I have seen a lot of them here in Canada (multicultural country). They are in all level of jobs.
  • I found it very interesting that in general Ukrainians are christian, they are orthodox and have principles they follow. It is very inportant in multicultural places to enforce your own believes, to involve God in your life, and not to be tempted by other easier but not good habit.

Dear Victor
I am from Iran and unfortunately do not know much about your country except what is written by our friends in this forum. Please explain more about your country.
Regards
Asghar

1 Like