Association test: Mr Gates and Napoleon?

So here is a test for you. What do you think is the connection between Mr. Gates and Napoleon? I’ll give you a few clues. You should keep in mind that Gates is a last name shared by a number of influential people. If you search this section of the forum and go back 10 to 15 years, you will find more clues and references.

2 Likes

Your mean, Bill Gates.
I figure out some clues on internet.
BILL Gates of Microsoft is an objectionable Napoleon figure whose employees scuttle around him like subservient children, according to the judge overseeing the US government’s anti-trust case against the company.
On https://www.independent.ie/world-news/judge-brands-bill-gates-an-arrogant-napoleon-26098870.html

2 Likes

Here’s another hint. The Mr. Gates to whom I refer has nothing to do with Microsoft, because he lived before the era of the PC and the Internet.

2 Likes

Does it start with H?

1 Like

You mean the thing that links both people to each other?

I mean the name. Apparently I have the wrong name or you would have picked up on that.

1 Like

It depends on whose name you are talking about.

I forgot to follow up on this. I was thinking of a guy named Horatio Gates.

They were both generals. Gates was involved in the American Revolution. Napoleon was involved in the French Revolution. So they were around at roughly the same time. Both had big victories followed by a big loss caused by bad decisions.

2 Likes

We’re getting closer but we have not solved the task yet. Here is another hint. Both men were Americans.

1 Like