Artists and Scientists contributions. Which one is valuable by your society?

It is generally agreed that society benefits from the work of its members. Compare the contributions of artists to society with the contributions of scientists to society. Which type of contribution do you think is valued more by your society? Give specific reasons to support your answer.

Many societies are made of citizens who disperse into various fields; popular among these fields are artists and scientists. Both of them have various contributions in their respective societies. Although artists have their own valuable contributions to the society, scientists’ contributions are enormous and are the most valued in my community.

To begin with, the most concern of every member of the society is about his/her health. In the past, thousands of people used to die because of various types of diseases, but recent scientific development in my society has decreased that. Hospitals have been constructed nearly everywhere in the community and with scientists from many fields. They instruct on us on what we need to do and what not to do, in order to always stay healthy.

Furthermore, students are now able to obtain quality education in science. Gone are those they when students used to graduate in my community, were unable to find jobs because of their inability to put what they learned in school into practice. They used to do everything in theory and were not sure whether what their teachers taught them was realistic because there were virtually no laboratories to prove theory. But today, we have a good number of scientists who have studied abroad and are back home to give the students both theoretical and laboratory studies.

Finally, artists have their own contributions to the community, but they are aimed for personal interests. Musical artists spend much of their time organizing concerts and the profits gotten from gate fee go into their personal pockets. We also have craft artists who used woods from the society’s forests to carve objects. Despite the fact that they get these woods for free, they sold the objects carved out of them at very high prizes and none of the profits is used in developing societal projects.

In summary, both artists and scientists have various contributions to the society, but in my society in particular, scientific benefits are the most valuable because they benefit all, while artistic profits are personal.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention the large jars?

Many societies are made of citizens who disperse into various fields; popular among these fields are artists and scientists. Both of them have various contributions in their respective societies. Although artists have their own valuable contributions to the society, scientists’ contributions are enormous and are the most valued in my community.

To begin with, the greatest concern of every member of society is in regard to his/her health. In the past, thousands of people used to die because of various types of diseases, but recent scientific developments in my society have decreased those numbers.
Hospitals have been constructed nearly everywhere in the community, staffed with scientists from many fields. They instruct us iin what we need to do and what not to do, in order to always stay healthy.

Furthermore, students are now able to obtain quality education in science. Gone are those times when students who used to graduate in my community, were unable to find jobs because of their inability to put what they learned in school into practice. They used to do everything in theory, and were not sure whether what their teachers taught them was realistic because there were virtually no laboratories to prove their theory.
But today, we have a good number of scientists who have studied abroad and are back home to give the students both theoretical and laboratory studies.

Finally, artists have their own contributions to the community, but they are aimed for personal interests. Musical artists spend much of their time organizing concerts and the profits gotten from gate fees go into their personal pockets. We also have craft artists who used woods from the society’s forests to carve objects. Despite the fact that they get these woods for free, they sell the objects carved out of them at very high prizes and none of the profits are used in developing societal projects.

In summary, both artists and scientists pay various contributions to the society, but in my society in particular, scientific benefits are the most valuable because they benefit all, while artistic profits are purely personal.

Good morning Nzuahp. They don’t come much better than this. Excellent.

Kitos. 10/10*****

Thank you very much for your time and effort.