Are these sentences correct?

Hi all once again !

Can you tell me if these sentences are correct?

" I working in ABC Systems (formerly known as DEF Systems before it got acquired by ABC Systems)"

" Prior to joining ABC Systems, I finished my Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science at Ideal University"

“I came second in the competition”

“I had done a poster presentation on that project at the conference”

" I working in ABC Systems (formerly known as DEF Systems before it was acquired by ABC Systems)"

“I had done a poster presentation on that project at the conference” - using ‘made’ might be a little more polished.

As usual, without seeing it within the correct context I cannot be sure that these are right.

So this is okay right,

“We had also made a poster presentation on that project at the conference”

Why do you need ‘had also’? Does the context require it?

We made a poster presentation… would usually bve the correct tense.

Yes, the context requires it. It goes like this,

“We presented a paper on this project. We also made a poster presentation on the same”

Is this correct?

“This project involved the complete design of a part of [a] mobile receiver”

Can we use Before in lieu of the word in bold?
Are the two words always interchangeable?

Thanks..
  1. So the context does not require ‘had made’ - you have corrected it here to ‘made’ (no ‘had’)

2. That is possibly correct, if it involved the design of a specific part.
    This is what would otherwise be needed.

“This project involved the complete design of part of a mobile receiver.”

Hi beesnees,

I gave a thought to this sentence

I am working in ABC Systems (formerly known as DEF Systems before it was acquired by ABC Systems)

In the above one, don’t you think “formerly” or “before” is extra? Anyway the above sentence is grammatically correct, right? It conveys the meaning correctly, right? ABC systems acquired DEF Systems. The change in name is because of the acquisition. That’s what I am trying to say and I believe the above sentence conveys that.

You need to review the sentence before it can be deemed grammatically correct, as it contains errors before we reach the part in parentheses but there is no need to use both ‘formerly’ and ‘before it was acquired’ (though it is not wrong to do so).

Hi Beesnees,
Sorry. That was a typo !

To me, yes.