Any grammatical mistake in my arranged sentence.

Dear Everyone,

Can you check the following sentence whether it is correct

“Please be reminded that I have handed over my new passport on 28-08-12 to you at main office for the purpose of data transfer in my passport. Kindly inform me as soon as the process is completed.”

Thanks in advance

Please be reminded’ sounds very formal and rather demanding. Perhaps, ‘This is a reminder that…’ would be a little more gentle.

This is a reminder that in order to facilitate the transfer of data, I handed over my new passport to you on 28-08-12 at the main office. Kindly inform me as soon as the process is complete."

Hai Beeesneees,

Thanks for your reply. I have one more doubt in that. Why should i not use the word ‘have handed’ in ‘i handed over my new…’

IYou only gave it to them at one single point in the past. You didn’t keep doing it.

Beeesneees,

1. Work on the office building will be complete at the end of the year.
  2. Work on the office building will be completed at the end of the year.
    Are both sentences OK?

I think they are both ok, but have slightly different meanings. The first says that by the end of the year, the building will be complete. The second implies that the work necessary to complete the building will take place near the end of the year - maybe in December. If you said “Work on the office building will be completed by the end of the year.” , they would have identical meanings.

Luschen,
Can’t I say: “Work on the office building will be complete by the end of the year.”?

Yes, that is fine too.

Is the first complete an adjective?

and

the 2nd completed a verb?

Thanks!

Yes Julius, I think you are correct