An opinion

My eyes have just fallen upon the words above at the bottom of the main page of this site. As I understand, they are given in the quiz to match the appropriate word on the right side as a synonym. The word ‘peculiar’ is a synonym to the words given. A question has arisen:

English has a lot of polysemantic words which cause trouble for learners of EFL (like me). How do we know exactly which sense a certain word convey? As you have taught us many times, the context is king, however, it seems to me that there are many cases in which a certain word can be ambiguous, can't it?

(Dear teacher, when you have spare time, could you please check the text itself and correct the mistakes) 

Thanks, Beeesneees, for your time and attention!

This is a little confused:
“My eyes have just fallen upon the words above at the bottom of the main page of this site.” Apart from the fact that ‘my eyes have just fallen upon…’ while not incorrect, seems a rather strange use in this context (‘I’ve just noticed…’ would be a more usual phrase and would not stand out as being so odd), I’m not sure what you mean by ‘the words above at the bottom of the main page’. If you are referring to the quiz questions which randomly appear in the top banner of every forum webpage (just under the Google search field), then generally speaking, the words and meanings given are chosen with enough care to ensure that no ambiguity can be drawn. As you haven’t listed the possible choices that accompany the word ‘peculiar’, I cannot tell you if that is the case with that particular example.

Sorry, Beeesneees, some of my writings have accidentally dissappeared. I am writing them again:

[i]exceptional; special; strange; odd; curious [/i]        

My eyes fell upon the words above at the top (NOT bottom) of the main page of this site. As I understand, they are given in the quiz to match the appropriate word on the right side as a synonym. The word 'peculiar' is a synonym to the words given. A question  has arisen:

English has a lot of polysemantic words which cause trouble for learners of Engish (like me). How do we know exactly which sense a certain word convey? As you have taught us many times, the context is king, however, it seems to me that there are many cases in which a certain word can be ambigous, can't it?

Many thanks.