American and British movies and TV series in Germany?

Hi, does anyone know where I can get access to American and British TV series and movies in Germany? I mean the original versions, if possible with English subtitles. I have contacted Maxdome, Germany’s largest TV and video online provider but I’m afraid all their contents will be in German (either dubbed or German originals).

Maybe I can sign up with an American online video provider?

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A woman is sending a bulk order to India[YSaerTTEW443543]

You can order the DVDs from Amazon, but they’ll have a different encoding. Some of American TV networks let you watch full episodes form their websites. NBC, ABC and CBS are three of them. I think some of the cable networks also let you watch full episodes online.

Hi Jamie, unfortunately all the free contents provided by cable networks in the US are not available in Germany. Whenever I try to access full episodes, I get this:

Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States

Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.

If you’d like, please leave us your email address and the country in which you live, and we will email you when our videos are available in your area.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Giving directions on the phone[YSaerTTEW443543]

This is the same problem I have when trying to buy and download music or e-books from Europe. It strikes me as ridiculous that I can buy the physical book, CD or DVD and have it shipped to my house, but I can’t download the same intellectual property.

So, what’s the solution?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Discussing the benefits of being self-employed[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi, Torsten.
You can try this link: [url]http://www.tfile.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=189[/url]
You should download and install a torrent client before (from here http://www.utorrent.com for example).

Hi Eugen,

Thanks a lot for this but I’m afraid it won’t work for the purpose I have in mind. I want to find a legal solution. Downloading these files via torrent is illegal and not good business practice.

By the way, here is a response I received from Maxdome Germany:

Sehr geehrter Herr Daerr,

vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse an maxdome.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Nutzung von maxdome aus lizenzrechtlichen Gründen nur über einen deutschen Internetanschluss möglich ist.

HINWEIS: maxdome bietet ausgewählte Filme in Originalsprache an. Inhalte in Originalversion sind auf der Produktdetailseite mit “OV” gekennzeichnet, Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln haben die Kennzeichnung “OmU”.
Ist ein Video in mehreren Sprachversionen verfügbar, können Sie während des Bestellprozesses die gewünschte Sprache auswählen.

Haben Sie weitere Fragen? Wir stehen Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ralf Thomas
maxdome Team

maxdome Kundenservice
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe
maxdome.de[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Discussing a work contract[YSaerTTEW443543]

Yes, this variant is illegal of course and not for a buisness. It is difficult too to find a legal original international video in here.
I hope there will be enough in Maxdome Team’s offer.

Here is another response from Maxdome:

vielen Dank für Ihre Rückmeldung.

Bedauerlicherweise habe ich keine Auflistung von Originalinhalte mit Untertiteln.

Hier finden Sie alle Originalvertonungen, in dieser Kategorie finden Sie ebenfalls die Original mit Untertitel (OmU) :

maxdome.de/spielfilm/all/originalVersion

Wir freuen uns, wenn wir Ihr Anliegen zu Ihrer Zufriedenheit beantwortet haben.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ralf Thomas
maxdome Team

maxdome Kundenservice[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Talking about money wire transfer fees[YSaerTTEW443543]

I can almost understand those replies in German.

I’m ashamed to admit that Bit Torrent is my principal purveyer of American movies. Mainly because my local video stores don’t sell movies in English, all movies are already dubbed and switching to English is not possible. And buying them via Amazon is cost prohibitive because of the exorbitant shipping costs (and it figues - they’ll have to haul them all the way across the pond - a long distance).
For shame! Hehe.

Hier is what Sky Germany has to say on my inquiry:

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail.

Wir freuen uns, dass Sie an einem Abonnement interessiert sind. Kunden mit Satelittenempfang können wir als ausschließich englischsprachigen Sender nur ESPN America anbieten.

Einen rein englischsprachigen Spielfilmsender haben wir nicht. Sie haben aber die Möglichkeit auf den Kanälen alle Filme und Beiträge wahlweise in deutsch oder Originalsprache zu schauen:

• Sky Cinema und Sky Cinema HD
  • Sky Cinema +1
  • Sky Cinema +24
  • Sky Select Portal

Teilweise trifft dies auf folgende Sender zu:

• Sky Action
  • Sky Emotion
  • Sky Comedy
  • Sky Cinema Hits
  • MGM
  • Disney Cinemagic und Disney Cinemaic HD
  • Sky Nostalgie
  • Sky Sport 1
  • Sky Sport 2
  • Sky Sport HD
  • National Geographic und National Geographic HD
  • Fox
  • TNT Serie
  • History HD
  • NatGeo Wild
  • TNT Film

Informationen zu den einzelnen Filmen und Übertragungen finden Sie unter info.sky.de. Wählen Sie bitte “Programminfo” an. Sie können nun die Sender einzeln anwählen und alle Informationen zu den Filmen werden Ihnen angezeigt.

Wir wünschen Ihnen eine angenehme Woche.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr Sky Team

Sky Deutschland Fernsehen GmbH & Co. KG
22033 Hamburg[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A bank customer is asking about her recent money transfer[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Torsten,
I don’t know exactly what you’re looking for. There is soooo… much available and often for free. Uploading is still a legal grey zone in any way, but not downloading.
www.bmovies.com Bad quality, but interesting and without any fee and totally legal!
www.flixaddict.com I don’t know anything about it, but you have to pay for it a bit.
www.graboid.com This is also chargeable, based on the OpenSource VLC media player, which I recommend.
www.opensubtitles.org Here you can find ready subtitles if available for the movie. But you can make up your own subtitles with any movie as well.

And then real Internet TV of course like THIS, just to name a few.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find anything in English within this initiative. Maybe someone can help.
youtube.com/watch?v=UC9xafH2 … ideo_title

Hi everyone, I’ve just find a simple and legal way of getting access to Hulu.com![YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A man gives his co-worker directions to a conference center[YSaerTTEW443543]