Agree or Disagree? Watching television is bad for children

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Watching television is bad for children. Use specific details and examples to support your answer.

There has been a heated debate concerning the bad television brings to children. In fact, there is a growing sentiment that puts more emphasis on the importance of watching television at the young age. At the same time, there is a solid body of opinion that dislikes and says that television leaves children with many unpredictable consequences. In my opinion, I concur with the former for three primary reasons.

First and foremost, watching television helps children learn about many different topics. There are educational programs on television going into depth about something that the children loves and tries to learn. Children’s programs can provide opportunities to stimulate a child’s learning. For example, when these programs mention a certain character or phenomenon, children will go online to view pictures and read information about that content. In this way, children can find joy in learning and can establish habits to learn more about what they feel like. Television can be more effective than books at teaching children processes like growing a tree or baking and so on.

On the second place, through television, children can explore places, animals or things they cannot see in life. Most children cannot visit a rainforest or observe a giraffe in the natural world, but these can be viewed on television. Fortunately, the filmmakers provide us with a wide variety of shows and movies that give viewers the chance to see wonderful footage of nature, animals, society and races all over the world. Children as well as adults can learn a lot from these kinds of movies.

Thirdly and more importantly, children learn good things through characters on television. Superheroes, the chivalrous princes or the beautiful way of life of Cinderella, the princess Rapunzel and so more also have a lot of impact on children’s perception and behavior. Especially at a young age, children will want to imitate the characters they follow on the screen. By way of illustration, if your child’s favorite character is an intelligent and diligent person who always gets high marks in school, your child will try to imitate those behaviors as well.

To sum up briefly, I disagree with the statement that watching television is bad for children. Television helps children learn about many different topics, explore more about the real life and also learn good things through characters on television. Some may argue that watching television will lead to attention and cognitive disturbances. In addition, the child’s personality also has many changes, easily irritable, just always paying attention to these devices and indifferent to the surrounding. In spite of that I still reinforce my choice.

2 Likes