Agree or disagree? It is often not a good thing for people to move to a new place

Agree or disagree? It is often not a good thing for people to move to a new town or a new country, because they will lose their friends.

Have you ever led a different style of life and faced various kind of culture that you’ve never seen before? Have you ever felt like being in a new world and become more enthusiastic towards your life? Have you ever learned something pretty fresh and interesting that you may never be able to learn in your hometown? If you have never had such experiences, you would never know how much you can benefit from moving to a new town or a new country.

Different places have different life style and culture. When moving to a new area, you have to make your lifeway change greatly in order to integrate into the new environment, for the life the native people lead may be completely different from yours. On to of that, knowing about other kind of culture would broaden your horizon and make you realize that the world is so colorful.

Moreover, if you are upset or lose faith towards your life, the situation may be overturned as soon as you move into a new environment. Since the settings, the people and everything around you have changed, you may feel like being in a new world, which would bring the confidence back to you and urge you to proceed. I remember when I was in grade two I was regarded as negligible by classmates and teachers because of poor behavior during the class, which made me self-abased and never wanted to make efforts on study at all. In my grade-three year, however, my family moved to a new city and I transferred to a new school where the students and teachers liked me and respected me, which encouraged me a lot and made my heart of perusing success rebeat.

In addition, when you relocate to a new place, you would probably learn something fresh and exciting. For example, if you move to Silicon Valley in the United States, you may be able to touch the most advanced electronic technology. If you transfer to Tibet in China, you may have the chance to learn the truth of Buddhism. If you relocate to Japan, you would be much closer to the principle of earthquake, for which happens more than 3000 times each year there.

Admittedly, you may lose some of your friends by moving to a new place. However, when compared to the advantages by doing so, such drawback seems negligible. And you can just keep touch your friends to avoid losing them.

All in all, since moving to new town or a new country will probably have many advantages, we should try to move to different places to experience or challenge fresh things so as to broaden our horizon and enrich our life.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and her student

Agree or disagree? It is often not a good thing for people to move to a new town or a new country, because they will lose their friends.

Have you ever led a different style of life and faced various kind of culture that you’ve never seen before? Have you ever felt like being in a new world and become more enthusiastic towards your life? Have you ever learned something pretty fresh and interesting that you may never be able to learn in your hometown? If you have never had such experiences, you would never know how much you can benefit from moving to a new town or a new country.

Different places have different life style and culture. When moving to a new area, you have to make your lifeway change greatly in order to integrate into the new environment, for the life the native people lead may be completely different from yours. On to of that, Knowing about other kind of culture would broaden your horizon and make you realize that the world is so colorful.

Moreover, if you are upset or lose faith towards your life, the situation may be overturned as soon as you move into a new environment. Since the settings, the people and everything around you have changed, you may feel like being in a new world, which would bring the confidence back to you and urge you to proceed. I remember when I was in grade two I was regarded as negligible by MY classmates and teachers because of poor behavior during the class, which made me self-abased and I never wanted to make efforts on study at all. In my grade-three year, however, my family moved to a new city and I transferred to a new school where the students and teachers liked me and respected me, which encouraged me a lot and made my heart of perusing success rebeat.

In addition, when you relocate to a new place, you would probably learn something fresh and exciting. For example, if you move to Silicon Valley in the United States, you may be able to touch the most advanced electronic technology. If you transfer to Tibet in China, you may have the chance to learn the truth of Buddhism. If you relocate to Japan, you would be much closer to the principle of earthquake, for which happens more than 3000 times each year there.

Admittedly, you may lose some of your friends by moving to a new place. However, when compared to the advantages by doing so, such drawback seems negligible. And you can just keep touch your friends to avoid losing them.

All in all, since moving to new town or a new country will probably have many advantages, we should try to move to different places to experience or challenge fresh things so as to broaden our horizon and enrich our life.

Well Said! I really like your style of writing and your prespective. Keep up the good work! 8.5/10

Thank you very much kitty. I’d really appreciated your encouragement, because I am going to have a toefl test on 13th August, yes which is two days later. I’ve been pretty nervous these days. However, it is your words that bring the confidence back to me. I will confidently step into the test room and make my best endeavous to achieve an ideal mark. Please accept my best wishes and welcome to my hometown in GuiYang, China. I will make sure you enjoy a wonderful time here if you come. God bless you~

Thanks:) I shall visit Gui Yang, if I ever come to China. GoodLuck!