Agree/Disagree: The governmnet should pay for public transportation

Hello Kitosdad. Thanks for reading my essay.

The government should pay for public transportation system, agree or not?

I totally disagree with the fact that the government should make public transportation free. In my opinion, there will not be a great deal of changes in people’s lives. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

On the one hand, there is a misconception that if public transportation becomes free of cost, people will forget to drive their own cars, and consequently, there will be less traffic on the streets. On the contrary, I personally believe that public transportation, such as buses or trains do not have the capacity to hold so many people. For example, if we consider a situation in which all people start using public transportation, such as buses or trains, everyone should have a place to sit. In some countries, low-class people are not supposed to buy the train tickets. They can easily board the second class trains. As a result, the number of people accommodating those compartments will be increased, people will be packed, and there can be accidental hit on their faces or other parts of their bodies. Therefore, not only should the government pay for the public transportation, but also increase the number of buses and trains, which in turn, causes more traffic on the streets.

On the other hand, those people who have their own cars, mostly belong to the middle-class or high-class. They like to drive their own cars because they find it more comfortable. It is quite confusing to think that these people cannot afford the public transportation fares. If at all they cannot pay for the fares, how can it be possible for them to pay for their fuels or their car insurance? These people definitely know that driving their own cars have many disadvantages. For example, they are aware of having an accident while driving their cars.

To put all in a nutshell, in my opinion, even if the transportation becomes free, those people who want to drive their own cars, will continue their same old routines; Therefore, I see no necessity for the government to pay for public transportation.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on American social history

Hello Kitosdad. Thanks for reading my essay.

The government should pay for public transportation system, agree or not?

I totally disagree with the fact that the government should make public transportation free. In my opinion, there will not be a great deal of changes in people’s lives. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

On the one hand, there is a misconception that if public transportation becomes free of cost, people will forget to drive their own cars, and consequently, there will be less traffic on the streets. On the contrary, I personally believe that public transportation, such as buses or trains do not have the capacity to hold so many people. For example, if we consider a situation in which all people start using public transportation, such as buses or trains, everyone should have a place to sit. In some countries, low-class people are not supposed to buy the train tickets. They can easily board the second class trains. As a result, the number of people accommodating those compartments will be increased, people will be packed, and there can be accidental hits on their faces or other parts of their bodies. Therefore, not only WOULD the government HAVE TO pay for the public transportation, but THEY WOULD also HAVE TO increase the number of buses and trains, which in turn causes more traffic on the streets.

On the other hand, those people who have their own cars, mostly belong to the middle-class or upper-class. They like to drive their own cars because they find it more comfortable. It is quite RIDICULOUS to think that these people cannot afford the public transportation fares. If they cannot pay for the fares, how can it be possible for them to pay for their fuel or their car insurance? These people definitely know that driving their own cars have many disadvantages, BUT THEY CONTINUE TO DO SO. For example, they are aware of having an accident while driving their cars.

To put all in a nutshell, in my opinion, even if the transportation becomes free, those people who want to drive their own cars, will continue their same old routines; Therefore, I see no necessity for the government to pay for public transportation.

I didn’t feel comfortable with this one Leenda, although, as usual, it was very well written. It was a little confusing.

Kitos. 9/10

You mean I could not convey my message in a good way?
I was not satisfied with it, but I could not find better reasons or examples…they just came to my mind and I wrote them…
Thanks for reviewing it…and I hope that you did not get bored with it.