Advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits?

Dear sir,
Please review this essay, thank you!!!

Topic:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits?

With the development of mass media, people have more chances to reach all kinds of advertisements. As a result, some people blame their unhealthy eating habits for the advertisements. However, I totally disagree with the statement that advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits. Following are some reasons to illustrate my viewpoint.

In the first place, when people see an advertisement, they can make their own judgments. We can choose whether to believe the advertisement or not. Besides, adults have the basic ability to tell is the product really good for us or its benefit just an advertising slogan. Take myself for example, when I see an attractive food advertisement, I will think twice before I make the decision.

In the second place, the advertisements are not only for unhealthy food but also for a lot of healthy food. For example, I can see some advertisements that promote natural vegetable juice, low-fat cuisine and sugar-free beverages. We can say that those advertisements remind us to eat much healthier.

Last but not least, there are a lot of other reasons that may cause people to have unhealthy eating habits. For instance, in the modern society, people are busying on their works. They may too busy to prepare food for themselves. In hence, they tend to buy food in the fast food restaurants where the food is always greasy and unhealthy. Besides, people who work too late may cause unhealthy eating habits. At the midnight, it is really hard to find something to eat, so I will choose to eat potato chips or microwavable food instead of something healthy.

In conclusion, when people see advertisements, they can make their own decisions whether to by the products or not. In addition, there are still some advertisements that promote healthy food. Moreover, there are some other reasons that may cause people to have bad eating habits. To sum up, I believe that we cannot say advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits.

TOEFL listening lectures: To which entertainment does the lecturer not relate Greek drama?

Dear Kitos,
Thank you so much!!!
I’m so glad that I can get 9/10 from you~
But I have a question: Is “To sum up” must be put in the beginning of the paragraph?

Yes, it’s the same as saying, “In conclusion.” or “To summarise.”

OK, thank you~~~