A subject I would choose to study if I had the opportunity

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: If you could study a subject that you have never had the opportunity to study, what would you choose? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.

If I could study a subject that I have never had the opportunity to study, I would you choose cooking. We should not think that today when catering services are so popular, it is redundant to cook for ourselves or learn to cook because cooking has many great benefits. Here are three following reasons to support my idea.

First and foremost, cooking can help me have a lot of skills that I can use in my life. Skillfulness is one of the essential things in life. And of course, one thing I learn about cooking is patience. By way of illustration, I cannot get too excited and get the food out of the oven earlier than cooking time. So I need to learn to be patient and this works in all other areas of life.

In the second place, cooking helps me relieve stress. Cooking time is also the time when I temporarily forget the stress, thoughts, and worries so that I can devote myself to completing delicious food. This is also the time when my mind is relaxed, completely empty and immersed in the most flavors. For example, after a tiring day of study and feeling stressed, finding cooking is great. While cooking and listening to music, I forget about my stress and also enjoy yummy food.

Thirdly and the most importantly, cooking helps me to always have a good meal. Actively in cooking and equip myself with nutritional knowledge, I will always get a healthy meal. Cooking will also help me put an end to outside meals that lack healthy essentials and unnecessary residues.

To sum up, cooking is a subject that I would choose to study, it helps me have a lot of skills that I can use in my life, relieve stress and also have a good meal.

3 Likes