A splitting headache!

Forgive my eccentric questions but I would like to know how often you develop headaches! Are your headaches frequent or few and far between? Are they splitting or just mild ones? What do you do when it happens? Do you sleep it off or make sure to take a tablet? Too many questions indeed! Well, in my opinion, sleeping off a headache is its best solution, isn’t it?

I am a kind of person a throbbing headache often likes to drop in on. And when it does, it takes its time to depart. Generally likes to be slept off! It never happened in the past. Never! But now I am convinced that it’s my cervical that causes these frequent visitations of headaches to me. Or maybe STRESS! I have had many tests taken, including all those related to blood pressure—all positive (in my favour)!

Do we have anything in common as far as headaches are concerned? I would love to hear your side of the story.

Tom

1 Like

Hi Tom,

You’ve certainly got a good little style going in that piece. I liked it, just to let you know. Nothing to add about headaches, sorry.

Alan

1 Like

Hi Tom

Alan is absolutely right in his comment about your writing! Your post was very nicely written. :smiley:

Headaches generally don’t visit me more than once or twice a year. Thank goodness. In my case, usually an apirin is enough to send the occasional headache packing.

However, I once had a migraine for a month. To be honest, I don’t know whether to call it “one migraine headache” or “a month-long series of migraine headaches”. The actual headache part came and went throughout the day and night: Three hours of massive pain, 2 or three hours of no pain, 3 hours of pain, etc. However the other effects of the migraine were constantly there even when the headache itself had subsided temporarily (vision disturbances, lack of balance, etc.).

The doctor prescribed all sorts of different medicinal concoctions. I had a CAT-scan and various tests. (And before you ask, NO, I didn’t scan one of my cats. 8)) Absolutely nothing relieved the excrutiating pain and other symptoms; no cause was ever definitively found. After 4 weeks, the migraine mysteriously vanished as suddenly as it had appeared. That was 4 years ago. Now I’m back to normal. I hardly ever get even “little” headaches.

It’s my belief that I must have had some sort of slight injury to something in my neck – small enough that it was hard for the various doctors to spot – and it simply needed 4 weeks to be able to correct/heal itself.

So, it seems logical to me that your headaches may very well be somehow connected to the cervical problem you mentioned. Poor Tom. :cry:

I wish you luck in conquering this “opportunity”. :wink:

Amy

1 Like

I unconditionally second Amy’s and Alan’s comments on your writing, Tom. It’s the first thing I thought to myself upon reading it. Well done!

The kind of headaches I experience from time to time are migraines or women headaches – not to mistake for ‘married women headaches’! :slight_smile:

At the first symptoms, I try acupuncture or have a coffee. If this fails, I take some ibuprofen, which often works. If I’m not lucky and it doesn’t, then I get this terrible sick headache which no amount of sleeping will release (at least not until the long, intermittent and nightmarish process of vomiting is over – sorry for the unpleasant details). Fortunately, though, these spells are not too frequent.

1 Like

Hi Tom,

Headaches can be resulted from many causes.
I suffered for long time from Headaches while i was studing.
it was abnormal headache. at the begining i though it maight result of stress so i was taking a long rests to solve this headache. but the result was not good enough, I went to a doctor and he do some tests and give me some pain killer pills.
My real problem was caused by my left eye. I have a situation in my left eye muscles that lift up my eye up when looking to a higher target than my eyes level. (i can’t move my eye up). this thing cause for me other problem that i have refraction in my eyes focal; so being focused on a text of something while studing couse me a headache. :slight_smile: I know these facts bacause i went to many doctors in deferent majors to solve this probem. and i know the cure of my situation but its too risky (operation in my left eye muscles).
So my friend if you want to know the real cause you need to dig out.

Best Regards

1 Like

People in my state frequently get sinus headaches because of the humidity (we’re surrounded by the Great Lakes). Aspirin or some similar painkiller won’t help these, and people frequently take sinus medicine for them.

I don’t get a lot of headaches, but when I do, I often don’t notice I’m being visited by one until it’s been there for a long time. Anytime I get a headache, I follow my high school biology teacher’s advice and try to figure out what caused the headache. Once I figure out the cause, I eliminate it, if I can. Otherwise I just tolerate it until it goes away. Painkillers don’t help me, and I don’t often have time for a nap.

1 Like

Sorry, but I think the sentences in red is grammatically incorrect?? Sleep cannot be used that way? Or can it? Could you please rephrase the sentence for me?

Tom

P.S. Why didn’t you tell me it was wrong? :shock:

[size=184][color=indigo]I liked that sentence, Tom.[/size] :smiley:
[size=84]What do you think is wrong with it all of a sudden?[/size]

My understanding was:
“(The headache) generally likes to be slept off.” → You usually have to sleep in order to get rid of the headache.

dictionary.reference.com/browse/sleep%20off

Hi Tom,

Now come on! You’ve had several favourable comments on that piece you wrote - don’t go getting cold feet now! In its imagery and construction it’s fine.

Alan