Could you please check if I have used the articles correctly?
- There was not a single cloud in the sky and we could see the stars.
- They say that the Arabic language is particularly difficult for Europeans.
- People were in a hurry to get home before dark.
- Last summer the Browns went to the country.
- He was born in a town on the south of Wales.
- He is a pride of our school.
I have highlighted the corrections:
- He was born in a town in south Wales.
- He is the pride of our school.
1-4 are fine.
He was born in a town in South Wales.
Thank you, dear teachers, for your time and great help.
Could you also correct these sentences?
- These traditions play a more important part in the life of our people than in other countries.
- A dictionary is a book which gives you the meaning of words.
- We spent a few days at a very nice hotel by the sea.
- He had breakfast at the hotel in London.