A noun required (metal plate/strip)


Could you please tell me what we call that metal plate / strip that we put on the edge of stairs to prevent fall?

Many thanks


Hi Tom

Try googling “anti-skid safety strips”. Maybe that’s what you’re looking for.

Hi, Amy

By the by, in Tom’s sentence, can we say “to prevent falling” together with “to prevent fall”

Thanks a million :slight_smile:

Hi Alex

Yes, ‘prevent falling’ is OK, but ‘prevent fall’ normally wouldn’t be. However, I thought Tom had just made a typo and forgotten the word ‘a’ (i.e. ‘prevent a fall’).