A new tongue twister :D

Three witches watch three Swatch watches.
Which witch watch which Swatch watch?

And an advanced version :smiley: :

Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches.
Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?

Hello Mosteque! Are you a fan of tongue twisters? How often do you practice such phrases? I think professional people like actors and news anchors must do such exercises regularly.

I think every person who wants to have a good pronunciation should practise these short rhymes every dayā€¦Thatā€™s what our English Phonetics teacher says every time we start reading this or that textā€¦Itā€™s not an easy job, but the more you practise the more yo like your own pronunciationā€¦Thatā€™s a great thing Iā€™d say! :wink:

[size=150][color=blue]Gee, this one is really tough, I wonder if yā€™all can say correctly.[/size]

Jailbird what kind of exercises do you do in your phonetics lesssons? Do you also have to record texts on tapes and give them to your teacher?

Hi Andreana!
Actually we do a lot of different exercises. First of all were given about 3 or 4 tapes for a semester with texts, dialogues, some poetry and other things our teachers can create for us))) Were supposed to listen to them and then to present these texts with the same intonation. But as Im not a freshman any longer we don't practice sounds alone any more as were supposed to present them perfectly already)) But still thereā€™re some mistakes. Once we had to listen to our tapes and give a tape script of the textā€¦It was like hell))) What else? We had to give a lecture (a small one) for our examinors on the topic of different Heads and tunes. That was a dull thingā€¦And I remembertelling a fairy-tale.thatā€™s pretty nice, Iā€™d say)) I liked it)) We practise so-called ā€œround-table talksā€. Thatā€™s where the whole group must talk on one and the same topic but in good language, ideas and sounds))
I adore our classes))) really)))

Aha. So now you are supposed to know how to produce any sound, arenā€™t you? How often do you have to create transcripts? Iā€™m asking because my brother recently has taken up a phonetics course at university and they have to do all transcripts for all kinds of texts and to me this looks very complicated. I think I can produce sounds quite OK but to write them down is much more difficult. By the way, how are you going to spend your summer holidays? Any plans? Talk to you soon :slight_smile:

Well I had to transcribe when I was a freshman, but now I do it without any difficultiesā€¦and transcribing texts isnt complicated its just too long)))

Spwaking about plansā€¦Iā€™ve got some plans. Iā€™m going to go to Spain and after that Iā€™m going to the Volga with my mother to see our friends and relatives)) Nothing special this year))

Spain cool??? que bueno???

I did a phonetics course, too, this semester and I must say, it was quite useful. Iā€™m thankful for this possibility, though there was much work to do for it.
I can now read transcription texts fluently, isnā€™t that cool? :wink:
And my intonation has become much better.
Wonderful, I learned something new :smiley:

[size=200][color=blue]CONGRATSā€¦???[/size]

Hi!
Does anyone know more tongue twisters???

Here are some good ones :smiley:

geocities.com/Athens/8136/to ā€¦ sters.html

WOW, thanks, they are really good! :wink:

in that web, we have to buy the book online :cry:
do you have the webs that the tonge twisters are read online???
thanks for helping!

@ Nelly
Actually you donā€™t have to buy anything on this site.

But hereā€™s another one: :slight_smile:

uebersetzung.at/twister/en.htm

@ Sunny: thanks a lot!
iā€™ve taken a look at your web, to prove that, hereā€™s 1 tonge twister: " Suzie Seawordā€™s fish-sauce shop sells unsifted thistles for thistle-sifters to sift. "
:lol: