A new season?

hi please tell me about do and does what’s different Between that

Hello,
i enjoyed reading the essay and sometimes I am worried about the global warming because I’m seeing how the world has been changing for the last 10-15 years. In my country summer became hotter and in many places the land just turns in desert . Unfortunately winter is becoming colder than before. In Mongolia it’s the winter time now, during day the temperature reaches -30-35C and the night it reaches -40-45 C . I’m afraid of thinking that if the weather had changed in this rate, very fast what would happen with it in the future?

Thanks .

hi Alan
it is very interesting topic.I have been gotten a lot of information. I belong to the world highest peak k2. in my place there are less then 150 including three longest glacier out side of the polar region and world highest battlfied i mean sechaian which long 75 km which is also here.due to global warming we are facing very dangerous situation.

Hi, thank you for starting such an interesting topic. I’m not sure what to think about global warming. Something is happening, that is obvious, we are facing it every day. The winters are either without snow and temperatures below 0 degrees Celzius, or we have squal weather when streets are blocked, and sometimes people are dieing on the streets.
But I have heard for many times that everything that is happening with the weather is part of the natural proces and cycles, and that humans can not affect it.
Has anyone followed what was going on in December in Copenchagen world conference related to climate changes. For me, everything was very strange and a bit sad.

Hi Torsten and Alan
in Mexico the wather is baetufull but the las time is more heat weaves and coldest, rain when is not
raining month, well, really here is a nice wether always are sunny days.
I hope one day travel to london but I think to live there Never jaja I don´t like
because always is raining.
thank you for shering your anecdotes with us.
regards.
Arigirl.

Hello everyone,

The global warming has become a very serious issue so we have to take it more seriously. Here in my country, United Arab Emirates, we barely felt of winter this year. It passed so quickly and summer in its way. It rains once or twice this year and those times were the only signals for winter. However, the rains were windy and full of dist. Gulf countries known by their high temperature but they are getting hotter and hotter lately.

Regards,

Meera

Hello!
I agree that the global warming is affecting most countries around the world with a considerable increase in temperature. In Viet Nam this influence is bad for agriculture and even human beings. Summer just begins in Viet nam but continuous drought spells are threatening the agricultural production because rice fields needs watering. Hope that the next days the situation will be improved, or farmers are struggling to water their paddy fields.

Hi everybody!

The essay is great as well as every Alan’s essay. Could you please find me an answer to my question?

1. Recently, well no let’s be honest… What does this phrase mean? Is it the same as: “Ok, let’s be honest”?

2. …railway lines have been buckling.
    I cannot guess in what the meaning of the word “buckling” is used here.

Could anybody find me the answers to those questions?

Thank you in advance!

Orest. (from Ukraine).

Hi Orest,

Glad you like the essays. ‘Well no let’s be honest’ does have this sense of. as you say: OK, let’s be honest.’ It means ‘to tell you the truth’.

'‘Buckle’ is another word for ‘bend’. In extreme heat railways lines lose their shape and start to bend or twist and that change is referred to as ‘buckle’.

Alan

Both are correct.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Social History[YSaerTTEW443543]

it sounds nice

Very interesting,sir.Thank you.

Hi All.

I agree that we all seem to be affected by global warming. For me I think instead of saying “A new Season” It should be “Destruction of environment”. A changes of weather it depend on environment. In Tanzania were I come from the weather is not constant. always is change such as no proper rainfall, sometimes heavy rainfall or shortage of rainfall or no at all. For the time being there is no high temperature is still normal. These changes of weather it has some effects like hunger, drought, shortage or heavy rainfall, flood etc.

I think what we need to do is to conserve the environment in all aspects.

Thanks.

Martha

Global Warming is affecting all over the countries . Due to change of weather
its is happening. Our Country India is a very hot country, we are
suffering like any thing due to this hot summer. Without A/C we cannot sleep
in the night. We cannot walk in the road during summer season.
In rainy season we will again suffer because of short rain fall.
In winter we will suffer from heavy cold/snow. Shortly say, these are
easonal environment, we have to face it by followinng protective measures.
It will differ from country to country. So you made every one to be precautious
about the New Season.

Thank you for your essay. Even the climate is very hot here, but your essay
was very cool.

S.Shanthi

Hi Jamie {K},
I found your thoughts very interesting but… don’t appealing. First of all, Marxism and former Soviet Union don’t have much in common. The Soviets took some ideas of Marxism and converted it in a new social structure which was loudly called “Marxism” but had nothing to do with the ideas of a society that was proposed by Marx. I’m not a good expert of politic but I grew up in the Soviet system and can speak from my own experience.
Talking about the global worming, I want to point out that nobody is blaming capitalism for that:}. You should agree that The USA has a big, if not the biggest in the world, consumption factor. The production of plastic bottles, fast food, huge houses, SUVs, addiction for shopping, desire to buy everything what is on sale… all that lead to depletion of nature resources, deforestation, soil erosion, air pollution and believe you or not-the global worming.
Jamie, I highly recommend you to read a book " Collapse" written by Jared Diamond. This is a book which changed my mind about environment. He writes about collapsed societies and analyses the reasons why those societies collapsed while others being in very much the same environment have survived. I also used to think that the global worming is a nonsense and that natural resources are inexhaustible. It’s difficult to think differently when you live the US, isn’t it? Good luck in transformation of your thinking!:}

hello
i can understand almost everything but i find difficult to express myself and sometimes is not good to me because i applied for an inglish job and i made some mistake when i try to explain something and is because i get nervous, i would like to improve my communication skills i need it.
i will be waiting for your answer.

Global warming is and will be one of the biggest problem in this World.
We have heard about reducing, recycling and reusing any kind of products. I have tried some of them once a while and it seems a help a little in my community, but not all of it.
I think the government should promote some important and interesting project to fight the global warming and not only recycling and reusing stuffs.

Useful and interesting essay =)
p.s. OMG - some people are talking about serious things here!

Hi Alan sir,
its all are knew that we are passes throgh this situation But any -body count our mistakes? Noway!!,its very shameful that we all are not aware about use of Natural and Manmade things, Even we are not implant our waste natural way and creat some more polluted things and world in the shadow of Nathural Calamity.
Dear sir, please think about mistake and stopped youself to use un-natural things and creation at 10% rate and save our life, save our world too!!!
Thanks for Eassy.
Regards.

Hi Alan,

I want to thank you for giving me this lesson. I really want to write an essay just like you did.

Talking about season, here in Indonesia, actually now it’s dry season (June - October) but we can still have rainy day about once every month. In some areas we also had

flood (in dry season!!). And the weather is so cold in the morning, dry and hot at the evening. Perhaps it has something to do with global warming indeed.

Well, I want to ask you a question about your essay in this quote "And the reason obviously has been the hot weather, which has been experienced in many parts of the

world over the same period but the fact that it is happening in Britain is what is strange".

Did you mean that it’s strange if we experienced hot weather in Britain?

Waiting for your response. Thank you very much.

Tyazy