A little bit about me

Hi, everyone,
My name is Tracy Teo. I’m Malaysian-Chinese, originally from Malaysia but currently live in Holland. I started learning English not long ago and I hope I will get to know some people who are willing to keep in touch with me from time to time on this website. I learn the language by self-study at home and I have faced quite a number of difficulties in understanding the language. If you have any advice, I am all ears. Have a nice day!

Hello Tracy,

I am very happy to get to know. You started learning English not long ago and your language is enviable. I reveal you that I have been learning English for 18 years. But probably I can’t finish this learning. I know this surely I still can’t give up, I do till my mind won’t leave in the lurch.

Do you like to live in Holland? Unfortunately, I don’t know Malaysia, but I will fill the gaps. I will look up pictures of Malaysia on the Google.

Tracy, I am willing to keep in touch with you on this website with pleasure.

Take care:
Kati Svaby

Hello Tracy,

I promised that I would visit Malaysia. I looked for some pics of your beautiful country.

Some species of Rafflesia can grow up to 1 metre (3 ft) in diameter, making them the largest flowers in the world.

oilpalms_malaysia

A Famosa fortress in Malacca was built by the Portuguese in the 16th century.

A Few_From_Bukit_Terisek

Proboscis_ Monkey_in Borneo

A view from Low’s peak, the highest peak of Mount Kinabalu

States and federal territories of Malaysia and Districts of Malaysia
yellow: West-Malaysia green: East- Malaysia

MODERN MALEYSIA

Bye: Kati

Kati,
Thanks for sharing these pictures here. Do you remember when we started getting in touch in ESL forum you had no idea where Malaysia is? And now, you may know more about Malaysia than I do. :slight_smile:

Hello Tracyteo,

I thought that you stopped writing me. Here is 1:30 and I couldn’t sleep. I’ve looked for your page for that I could know about you something. And I saw that you wrote to me, but unfortunately I didn’t get notification of it and that’s why I couldn’t answer.

How are you? How was your Chinese New Years? Have you got a good time?

If you take pleasure in writing me sometimes I would be very happy. I know we are only virtual friends but I am a very faithful type and I missed you and I thought of you lot.

Bye: Kati

Dear Tracyteo,

I have forgotten your name. I am very happy that I found it. I am very curious of how you are. I hope well. We are so-so. I don’t want to complain as I am very happy that I have found you. Write something about you. What are you doing? What is it happening to you? I would be curious of everything.

Best wishes:
You Hungarian friend: Kati

Hello,
I wish you good results with your english.
Kind regard

Hello Natasha,

Many thanks for your letter. Can I ask you in which part of Croatia you live? I was several times in Croatia, and I liked your country very much.

Kind regards:
Kati

Hello Tracy,
Thanks for your message. I’m glad to here that you know my country and were here.
I live in NW part of Croatia, but not in one city. I’m from Koprivnica (town of Podravka and Vegeta…). Koprivnica is about 20 km to Hungarian border. My husband is from Marija Bistrica. So, we combine our life on two locations…
Kind regard

On the first place is Italy. The Italian 's attention to make the foreigners understood it is incredible.

When we were first in Italy on the first day we set off to Giudecca Venezia to visit the Il Redentore church where we wanted to see the church designed by the architect Palladio and it contains a number of paintings by artists including Tintoretto, Paolo Veronese and Francesco Bassano.

We already have seen the church when we saw a very intimate pub where some Italian men were standing at the bar. We entered. Of course, we couldn’t speak in Italian only about a dozen of words. In few minutes one of them came at our table and saw my husband’s cigarette, He asked from where we came and what kind of cigarette is. My husband offered him with his cigarette, In the next moment he brought two glasses of beer. Then I told my husband to give him a packet of cigarette. It was bad advice from me. Unfortunately for us…The next moment we saw that they pushed together the table and became to order for us every kind of snacks and beer.

At noon, the wife of one of them arrived to pick up his husband. By now they knew that I am an" ungherese professoressa " and my husband is an “ungherese pittore”. It was Easter. The woman arm in arm with me, his husband arm in arm with my husband took us at their place for Easter lunch.

They lived an admirable renaissance building where very poor people lived. They had about 10 beautiful children and they invited from the house an old man who lived alone.And he took after a very famous actor of 70 -is Toto.As he was the most older -we used to be our thirties- he had to sit at the head of the table. The lunch had about 10 courses one was better than the other.

After lunch, we were dancing the man with my husband and the woman with me. After they put the discs on the record player and the woman began to sing the songs and we gaped in astonishment as her voice was soprano very similar Maria Callas’ voice.

We told each other how could leave them but about 5 pm. We could say good -bye to them.

Unfortunately, I have never visited the Il Redentore church and I think I won’t. It is only one story, but similar ones happened to us four times. Incredible stories. And the international words, some Italian words and the metacommunication - what about the Italian are famous - made understanding each other easier.