a high-paying job with long hours or a lower-paying job with shorter hours

When it comes to the dilemma choice that one should choose a high-paying job with long hours with a lot of time took up or they should choose a job with plenty of times but have a lower pay, people always hold different ideas. Those who think the most important thing to guarantee a high life quality is earning large sums money will with no doubt choose the former, while the other people who hold the opposite opinion believe that a good relationship among friends and families can give people true happiness. For me, I prefer the latter job because of following reasons.

First, my family and friends is really important for me. I don’s think that it is wise to sacrifice my time spending with family to pursue money. There are money wonderful things in this world that can’t be bought by money. Finding something funny with my friends gives me the feeling of happiness. Some people think that money is the most important in daily life. This can give rise to curious situations that they spending all their times to earn money, but don’t have enough time to join the life money can bring. Thus, their hard work turns out to be a numerous statistics on their account. We often say that money without circulate means nothing. They turn their labor to something means a little. It’s not worthy.

What’s more, shorter hours taken by job point to a large quantity of leisure time. In this times, I can do many other things with significant. For example, I can read some book that relaxes my mind. And books help me open up my horizon. Gaining much knowledge can make me feel better when communicating with my friends. We can share the jokes I read from book, or we can discuss the current affairs we read from newspaper. Besides, I also do sports to keep fit. Climbing a mountain with family can improve the relation ship with each other, which makes the whole family harmonious.

However, money plays an important role in daily life. It is necessary to earn enough money to ensure the high quality of life. And money does provide us a comfortable livelihood. But, as I said above, money is not everything. I don’t agree that exchange my pleasure to money.

In sum, I prefer the low- paying job with shorter hours.

Thanks for your correction, Kitos

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university students (2)

When it comes to the choice as to whether one should choose a high-paying job with long hours and a high salary, or choosing a job with plenty of free time but having a lower pay scale, people always hold different ideas. Those who think the most important thing to guarantee a high quality of life is earning large sums of money, will no doubt choose the former, while the other people who hold the opposite opinion, believe that a good relationship among friends and families can give people true happiness. For me, I prefer the latter choice because of following reasons.

First, my family and friends are really important for me. I don’t think that it is wise to sacrifice my time spent with my family to pursue money. There are many wonderful things in this world that can’t be bought by money. Finding something funny with my friends gives me the feeling of happiness. Some people think that money is the most important thing in the world. This can give rise to curious situations, in that they spend all their time to earn money, but don’t have enough time to enjoy the life that this money brings. Thus, their hard work turns out to be simply numbers in their bank account. We often say that money without circulation means nothing.

What’s more, shorter hours spent in a job point to a larger quantity of leisure time. In this time, I can do many other things. For example, I can read some book that relax my mind and help me expand my horizons. Gaining more knowledge can make me feel better when communicating with my friends. We can share the jokes I read I read in a book, or we can discuss the current affairs we read in newspapers. Besides, I also do sports to keep fit. Climbing a mountain with my family can improve the relationship with each other, which makes the whole family harmonious.

However, there is no danying that money plays an important role in daily life. It is necessary to earn enough money to ensure the high quality of out lives, and money does provide us a comfortable livelihood. But, as I said above, money is not everything. I am not prepared to exchange my pleasure time for money.

In sum, I prefer the low- paying job with shorter hours.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pretty good Laughing, but try to remain factual. I can’t imagine your family climbing mountains. I have amended this work quite a lot and it would please me if you were
to take the time to review it carefully.

Kitos. 8/10

Thanks a lot Kitos.
I read your advice careful and did make a contrast.
I know that I still have some problems in grammer and structure, but I’ll work hard to improve myself.