A government's main priority is to provide education for its people

This is an IELTS topic that I have written on,
“A government’s main priority is to provide education for its people”

Here is my answer,
“To receive sufficient education is the basic right and need of any civilian from any country. With proper knowledge and skills, people can maximize their contribution to their nations, especially in developing countries where there is enormous potential to grow. Hence, I strongly believe that government should always put education at first as a crucial part of their plans.
First of all, it is undeniable that education is as fundamental as our right to live. The most important reason is that education allows people a higher chance of better employment through the equipment of theoretical knowledge as well as practical techniques. In the modern and highly competitive world, besides the ability to read and write, almost all jobs require employees to have necessary skills concerning the working position, which is usually only taught at schools, university or training centers.
Secondly, people who receive an adequate education will more likely create a greater impact to the society, both socially and economically. On the one hand, with the access to more information, they will be able to make more rational decisions. On the other hand, the knowledge and skills that they gained from schools and universities will give them the advantages to accomplish complicated tasks, resulting in possibly higher income.
However, many consider that other values should be put at the priority, rather than education. For instance, South Korea with the army or some Africa countries with their oil industry. In my opinion, this is not a sustainable development, because once the natural resources run out, eventually they will fall back to the poverty.
In conclusion, if a country wants to grow sustainably, it is undoubtedly it must prioritize education, because human is the best resource in the world.”

TOEFL listening lectures: Why is herring healthier for us than tuna?

1 Like

Hi, I really enjoyed this essay. Your ideas are very persuasive and your vocabulary and transitions relate your ideas effectively and guide the reader through your essay.
You do have a few minor errors in usage, but they don’t hinder my understanding very much at all. I wonder if your conclusion might be too short? If so, you would probably have to replace your third body paragraph with a longer conclusion. Personally,
I like how you have done it, but the official graders might have a different expectation.
Overall, I think this is worthy of a band 7 score.

1 Like

Many thanks, Luschen

1 Like