A friend with sense of humor, intelligence, or reliability

Good evening Kitosdad. Thanks for reviewing my essay.

What do you want most in a friend - someone who is intelligent, or someone who has a sense of humor, or someone who is reliable? Which one of these characteristics is most important to you? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your choice.

Friendship is considered to be one of the most important parts of our lives. We all want to have a friend who can be intelligent, reliable, and have great sense of humor. However, if I am asked to choose a friend with only one of the characteristics mentioned above, I will definitely choose a person who is reliable. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

In the first place, a friend who is reliable is the one whom we can count on. We will be assured that we have a friend who can help us in difficult situations. For instance, I remember the time I had to prepare myself for a project presentation. Unfortunately, one day before the presentation, my computer stopped working and I was unable to power it on. I called one of my friends and asked him to come and fix it. If he would not have kept his promise and would have never shown up, I would have definitely remained helpless. As a result, having a reliable person can also mean having an intelligent person, as long as he/ she knows how to keep promises and understands his/her friends in urgent situations.

Secondly, a reliable person is the one whom we can share our sorrows and happiness. We can not surely find anything as unpleasant as having a friend with great sense of humor and intelligence but without any reliability. At times, we need to reveal a secret or share an important thing with a friend. Suppose a case in which a person talks about his financial problems with his friend, but does not want it to be disclosed with anybody else. His friend brightens up the atmosphere with his great sense of humor and even gives him some solutions, but also gossips about him.

To put all in a nutshell, in my opinion, reliability is an admirable trait. A reliable person keeps his/her promises and is trustable. Therefore, having a friend who is reliable has greater priority than the one who is intelligent and has a great sense of humor.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in a chemistry class

Good evening Kitosdad. Thanks for reviewing my essay.

What do you want most in a friend - someone who is intelligent, someone who has a sense of humor, or someone who is reliable? Which one of these characteristics is most important to you? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your choice.

Friendship is considered to be one of the most important parts of our lives. We all want to have a friend who can be intelligent, reliable, and have a great sense of humor. However, if I am asked to choose a friend with only one of the characteristics mentioned above, I will definitely choose a person who is reliable. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

In the first place, a friend who is reliable is the one whom we can count on. We will be assured that we have a friend who can help us in difficult situations. For instance, I remember the time I had to prepare myself for a project presentation. Unfortunately, one day before the presentation, my computer stopped working and I was unable to power it on. I called one of my friends and asked him to come and fix it. If he would not have kept his promise and would have never shown up, I would have definitely remained helpless. As a result, having a reliable person can also mean having an intelligent person, as long as he/ she knows how to keep promises and understands his/her friends in urgent situations.

Secondly, a reliable person is the one with whom we can share our sorrows and happiness. We (cannot) surely find anything as unpleasant as having a friend with great sense of humor and intelligence but without any reliability. At times, we need to reveal a secret or share an important thing with a friend. Suppose a case in which a person talks about his financial problems with his friend, but does not want it to be disclosed with anybody else. His friend brightens up the atmosphere with his great sense of humor and even gives him some solutions, but also gossips about him.

To put all in a nutshell, in my opinion, reliability is an admirable trait. A reliable person keeps his/her promises and is trustworthy. Therefore, for me, having a friend who is reliable has greater priority than the one who is intelligent and has a great sense of humor.

Proud of you Leenda.

Kitos. 10/10 *****

Thank you so much Kitosdad…