A friend who has a sense of humor

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: What do you want most in a friend - someone who is intelligent, or someone who has a sense of humor, or someone who is reliable? Which one of these characteristics is most important to you? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your choice.

In life, everyone has a number of acquaintances, but no one has many friends, for true friendship is not common, and there are many people who seem to be incapable of it. For a friendship to be close and lasting, both the friends must have some very special qualities. Some people prefer their friends to be intelligent, while many others put the sense of humor as the primary qualification, and others believe in reliability. Each of these qualities has its own importance. It depends on your own experience and life style. In my point of view, the most important quality for a friend is someone who has a sense of humor.

First and foremost, humor is a very important character of a person, because a person who is humorous can always bring you happiness. I have a friend, who is not very intelligent and reliable, but she is one of my best friends, just because she has a good sense of humor. Whenever you call her, talk with her, she always tells you some funny jokes that make you laughing. Even though you are in a very bad mood, she can make you laugh and forget the sad things. A friend with a good sense of humor is very optimistic; they can make your world full of light.

Secondly, in social environment, ones that have sense of humor would create friendship faster than others. At the same time, sense of humor is the sign of intelligence because people wouldn’t laugh anything when said. There is a good brain at the background of it. So that, this funny person will always be seek in social activities to make their friends laugh. Yes, having such a friend is good to have funny moments.

To sum up briefly, people can have many special characteristics. Friend plays a very significant role in everyone’s life. But humor is the most important character in a friend, because humorous friends make you happy and see the world optimistically. They make your world full of hope, and full of laughter.

3 Likes

Hi Phuong, this essay started off very strong. You had a nice introduction and your first body paragraph was very convincing and included an effective example that included specific and relevant details. The rest of your essay was somewhat lower in quality. Maybe you were running out of time or maybe running out of ideas? Your conclusion was ok, but I would suggest rearranging the order of the sentences. Here are some more specific suggestions:

3 Likes