A/D: Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting.

Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparing to movies and programs made in other countries, agree or disagree.

With the development of the world, the communications between countries are more frequent. Among those ways of communicating is the movies and TV programs made in other countries. In my country, many people, especially young, are keen on the American episodes such Break Prison, Gossip Girl, etc. I like them, too. But I think the movies and TV programs made in my country are more interesting than those made in foreign countries because of following reasons.

First, the culture barrier is a large gap to overcome. As we all know, every civilization has its own culture, which is something hard to understand by foreign people. Most movies or TV programs use these cultures as a part of the programs which always makes people can’t catch the point. Like the humorous. Every country has its own sense of humor, an English man may find it’s hard to laugh when a Russian tells a joke. When seeing some American operates, I always puzzled by the laughter in the background sound because I don’t think it’s funny. If we want to know the culture of one country, we had better live in a country for several years, otherwise it’s difficult for a people to totally understand the culture.

The second barrier is the language barrier. Though translators will translate the dialogues into the native languages, sometimes it’s hard for audiences to grasp the idea. In my country, there is an art form called “cross-talk”. Two or more people stand together and say something funny to make audiences laugh. In the cross-talk the artists often use a lot of homophonic to express another meaning to make people laugh. If the cross-talk are translated into another language, It would be hard to reveal the “another meaning”. So the foreign audiences may be confused and don’t think it is funny at all.

However, seeing movies made in another country is a way for us to understand another culture. It’s interesting to see a different life style and different thinking despite of the culture and language gaps.

To sum up, maybe the movies and TV programs made in foreign countries attracts a lot of people, but due to the reasons I stated above, I prefer the movies made in my own country.

Hello Kitos, hope you are fine.
I’ll take the exam the day after tomorrow, kind of nervous.
Thanks so much for helping me! :)))
Whatever, wish me luck.

TOEFL listening discussions: A stereotypical toy means?

Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting compared to movies and programs made in other countries, agree or disagree.

With the technological development in today’s world, the communications between countries are becoming more frequent. Among those ways of communicating are the movies and TV programs made in other countries. In my country, many people, especially young people, are keen on the American episodes such as, "Prison Break, “Gossip Girl”, etc. I like them, too, but I think the movies and TV programs made in my country are more interesting than those made in foreign countries because of following reasons.

First, the culture barrier is a large gap to overcome. As we all know, every civilization has its own culture, which is something hard to understand by foreign people. Most movies or TV programs use these cultures as a part of the programs which always makes people can’t catch the point. Like the humor. Every country has its own sense of humor, an Englishman may find it’s hard to laugh when a Russian tells a joke. When seeing some American shows, I am always puzzled by the laughter in the background, because I don’t think it’s funny. If we want to know the culture of one country, we had better live in that country for several years, otherwise it’s difficult for people to totally understand the culture.

The second barrier is the language barrier. Though translators will translate the dialogues into the native languages, sometimes it’s hard for audiences to grasp the idea. In my country, there is an art form called “cross-talk”. Two or more people stand together and say something funny to make audiences laugh. In the cross-talk the artists often use a lot of homo-phonics to express another meaning to make people laugh. If the cross-talk is translated into another language, it would be hard to understand the “hidden meaning”, so foreign audiences may be confused and don’t think it is funny at all.

However, seeing movies made in another country is a way for us to understand another culture. It’s interesting to see a different life style and a different way of thinking in spite of the culture and language gaps.

To sum up, maybe the movies and TV programs made in foreign countries attracts a lot of people, but due to the reasons I stated above, I prefer the movies made in my own country.

Don’t be nervous L. I have every confidence in you.

Kitos. 8.5/10