a bird-lady

“Yeah, that woman is such a bird-lady.”
Women in Science: From bird lady to dancing professor.

• How would you describe the phenomenon?
    Thank you.

Sorry, Eugene, I have no idea what you mean.

Hi Beees,
I just wanted to know what kind of a woman that ‘bird lady’ is and if I chanced to meet the kind.
Thank you.

This explains it:

blogs.independent.co.uk/2011/07/ … professor/

Alan

Slightly disappointed. Nothing mysterious, just a woman involved in the studies of birds’ behaviour.
By the way, while searching for an answer I found:
bird-lady
An english teacher that caws like a bird and makes randy jokes like “Calpurnia should get on the stick.” She can be noticed by her noah and the ark dress, and she keeps information on all of her students in a desk drawer, “just in case.” She lives in a tree.
“I hated English today.”

Thank you, both Beees and Alan.

Ah. Well done, Detective Alan.

Eugene,

This explains the reference to ‘bird-lady’ – it is no more significant than the fact that she is a woman who works with birds:
“I run a fairly large research group investigating the development and evolution of intelligence, particularly in members of the crow family (which includes the rooks, ravens, magpies and jays).”

Will you excuse me my previous quoting of some unreliable/vulgar sources. Though I found out that there exists a "woman/lady cat’ - “a single woman who dotes upon her cat, or multiple cats. The term is considered pejorative.”
Regards.

That is a ‘cat-lady/cat-woman’ rather than a lady-cat/woman-cat’.
The definition is accurate in most instances.

Yes, you are right, Beees.