Where did you go for your last vacation vs vacation plans for 2023

Deer Terry,

Your letter moved me. It is so sincere and moving that I can’t find words how to express my feeling. It is literary. You speak about the countries of Middle East which fascinate you. And you express that you will visit once when you will have had the opportunity.

Okay it is written very sensibly but what you wrote after this —moved me tears.

You study medicine in Malaysia and your parents live in Taiwan. From here I don’t want to interpret your post because it speaks for itself.

Your devotion to your parents is venerable.

In life the most important thing: LOVE.

You are a very talented student at the university, you could speak in English as a native man, I could imagine how happy could be your parents when you could go home.

This is the end of your post:

Dear Terry when your dream will have realized, go to Jordan and see the remains of the ancient town, Petra.

Take care,

Bye: Kati.

"It’s funny how much you forgot when you’re living somewhere far from home, and how quickly you pick up things once you’re back, it’s as if you’ve never left!

Correction:

Dear Terry when your dream will have realized, go to Jordan and see the remains of the ancient town, Petra.

1 Like

I think even more interesting than talking about our last vacation will be talking about our next vacation. Do any of you already have vacation plans for 2023?

It’s been many years since I’ve traveled. Since I retired I’ve been too poor to travel.

I used to travel a lot around the US, and to a lesser degree in Canada. I did a lot of traveling by car. In my opinion traveling by land is the only real way to travel and see things.

I’ve traveled the US extensively by car, bus, train, and hitch-hiking. Here are partial maps of some of the more densely traveled parts of the country. These were scanned from a paper map that traveled with me for many years.

That was in the past. I rarely leave my own city now.

If you aren’t very familiar with the US, you probably don’t know what you are looking at. :slight_smile:

The upper map shows some of the western states. Colorado is approximately in the center. It also show most of Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and parts of several other states. This is my favorite part of the country for traveling.

The lower map is the northeastern US from approximately South Carolina in the south, up to parts of Maine in the north. It shows as far west as Indiana, much of Kentucky and Tennessee.

By distance, these map sections are very roughly 1000km square.

I wish I had some pictures. Almost all of my travel pictures were made with film cameras, and I have very few of them scanned.

1 Like