When do we use 'detail" and when "details"?

Hi its Aida from Australia
many = things we can count… many books, many occaisions or many people.
much = things we can’t count… love you very much!! much rain, too much hussle.
in other words many is for countable things and much is for uncountable things.
Did I make it easy?

We can use “many” only with countable nouns (many apples) and “much” only with uncountable ones. The use of “a lot” will be correct with both countable and uncountable nouns: “a lot of drink”, “a lot of potatoes”.
As for “very”, this word is mostly used to show a degree of amount or quality or some other aspects of different things: "very much, “very many”, “very beautiful”, “very ugly”.

now i understand the difference between detail and details

Much .You use it for uncountable nouns.
I used to much nerves to solve this problem.
Many.You use this for countable nouns.
How many days did you spend in Spain?Ten.
A lot.Means a great quantity.You use it for countable nouns.
I have a lot of books.Means many.
Very is an adverb.you Use it in front of an adjective for example.These trousers are very big.
I hope I could help.
Regards
Marica

a little bit its clear the difference between countable and uncountable
countable are things you can count like apple but uncountable are things you can’t count like sugar
finally my question is how can i differenciate things become countable sametime and another time uncountable?

“Much” is used for uncountable nouns.
How about “much more”? Is it for countable nouns?
Is the phrase “much more details” better than “much more detail” ?

much: used for uncountable nouns (water, sugar, coffee, money, etc.)
many: used for countable nouns (people, glasses of water, spoons, dogs, cats, etc,)
a lot: used for both countable and uncountable nouns (a lot of water, a lot of people). And, a lot may stand after a verb to describe the gradability (i drink a lot)
very: usually stand before an adjective to emphasize the gradability.

Hi everybody,
Is a lot another of those used in countables and uncountables? Can we use a lot on its own or should it be used with a noun e.g. I want a lot or should it be with a noun like I want a lot of balls.
What does a lot mean? Is it singular or plural? But then there is another word like lots and that looks like the plural of a lot.
Please help.
Takenrerei

Dear Sir,

Lump still need to explain.

Reg
Mujahid

Both “a lot of” and “lots of” are a bit informal; they have the exact same meaning: each of them can mean both “many” and “much”. They are usually not used without a non; but it is sometimes possible when the noun is implied. You would then say “a lot” or “lots”; but it usually sounds very informal. The there is “a lot” as an adverb, which is used at the end of a sentence: he complains a lot = he complains much.

There is a lot of snow on the road.
I plucked a lot of flowers.
There’s lots of food on the table.
Lots of people died.
I missed you a lot.

esl.about.com/od/grammarintermed … cm_lot.htm

I want to let you know where I live,let me give you a detail,I live in Wisconsin about two hours from chicago,ok I think I have to let you know more details for you to find me easily.

When do we use ( used to )
can you help me to how I use ( at , in ,on )
thank you
Regards
basim

Hi all,
Would you tell me the different between detail and details so that I can understand and use them?

1 detail
2 details
3 details
(…)
1564456 details

we adding “s” when we want to create plural form.

Hi Recep,
a lot= we use ( a lot (of)/ lots (of))
with uncountable and plural nouns;e.g: a lot of people, lots of books and a lot of money.p.s: in positive sentences it is usually better to use( a lot (of));e.g: we spent a lot of money.( not" we spent much money").

much= 1. use it with uncountable nouns,e.g: much time, much luck, much energy.
2. use it mainly in negative sentences and questions,e.g:I haven’t much money to spend.OR: "Have you got much mony?

Many= 1. use it with plural nouns,e.g: many friends, many cars.
2. use it also (like much) with nigative sentences and questions, e.g: we didn’t have many words to say.OR: Did you have many people in your party yesterday?

Very= used with adverbs, adjectives and part adjectives,e.g: very quickly,very soon, very interesting, very small, very cold and very useful.

I hope I’ve been very helpful.

Hi Basim,
we use ( used to ) = with infinitive to say that something regularly happened in the past but no longer happens.For example: I used to play football, but now I’m old and I feel tired of playing football.OR. I USED TO SMOKE TWO CIGARATES, NOW I SMOKE ONE PACKET.

At, on, in = 1. with times. At 5 o’clock, at midnight, at lunchtime.at Christmas.

On= on 8 March, on Friday, on Christmas day ( but " at Christmas")

In = use it for longer periods of time( months, years, seasons).
In April, in 1969, in (the) winter…etc.
2. in, on, at 2. position= in a room, at the bus- stop, on the chair.
3.On time= punctual, not late.For example: The flight 69 left on time.
In time = a.soon enough for somthing; We’ll be in time for dinner//b. soon enough to do something ; I want to get home in time to see the football match.
At the end = at the time when something ends.For example: At the end of month, at the end of June…etc.
In the end= finally.For example: My car is old and always broken,in the end I sold it and bought another one.
I HOPE I’VE BEEN HELPFUL.

Hi everybody,

Let me do a try.
much = a large amount or to a large degree.
e.g. I don’t earn much money.How much sugar do you take in your coffee. I am not very much good at knitting.
a lot ( not alot ) = large amount or number of people or things.
There were a lot of people there.
very = as adv( to add emphasis to an adj and adverb) to a great degree or extremely.
How very childish of her to refuse to speak to me.I cann’t very well say sorry when I didn’t do anything wrong.
many = used mostly in negative sentences and questions to mean 'a large no. of ’
I don’t have many clothes. There are not very many weekends between now and Christmas.

Cheers everybody.

Here are the answers for your query…

Alot – is for both things you can count and things you can’t count.
Many — is more number.
Much — great in quantity
Very — in a high degree

Hope you would get them clearly…

nebosh course training

Again, a lot, not [color=red]alot.