What's the weather like vs. How's the weather?

‘Authorized’ by whom and for what purpose? Talk of ‘authorized grammar books’ and the dropping of grammar bombs doesn’t worry me. I’ve seen many an ESL grammar book – from beginner ones to advanced ones, from antiquated ones to modern ones, and from horrendous ones to excellent ones.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, too.

I beg forgiveness for my absence

Greetings to all readers!!

The difference between “how” and “what…like” is that:
“how” is used to ask the state of the noun and “what…like” is used to ask the quality of the noun!

EX:
How: how is your mother? >>> Answer using adverbs or adjectives that describe state!
(Ex: happy, sad, sick, etc…)
What: what is your mother like? >>> Answer using adjectives that describe quality!
(Ex: ugly, beautiful, intelligent, old, etc…)

So can we use how and what to describe weather??? >>> Answer: yes

As “how” would be used to ask for the temporary condition of the weather

E.g.:
What is the weather in brazil like?(quality) the weather in Brazil is tropical.
How is the weather in brazil now?(state) the weather in Brazil is a bit cold.

I’ve change my previous statement because, it was an awfully incongruous argument; I was basing my self upon a Cambridge test, which nowadays I find them very misleading,
I hope that my new explanation is, to you all, clear and understandable.

I guess both are ok, but I always heard since start studying and learned from the books the proper way which is What is the weatehr like ? but formally I say and heard many people saying how’s the weather. Once I was told that you first learn the right way, after that in the street you learn the popular way of speaking like in any other language. does it sound proper ?