What a strange day!

Is there anyone willing to share with us his impressions about his strange day?
Welcome!

Dear Alice,

that puppy-toy which holds your purse: it appears as waiting for you to get ready and go walking! looks real!

I have one too, but it’s not as lucky as yours: named “the dog with no ears” which I told you about (Pappy’s “friend”)

You mentioned Cristina? I remember we made a super team here on the forums: you, Cristina, Claudia, Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin, me - but you now: all of us come and go, come and go…

By the way, you know that I have three more pets, don’t yo? I never know what they are: turtles or tortoises, because there are differences; Mr. Kyaw MinLwin knows and told me, but I forgot, maybe he will be so kind to remind me.

The bad news is that I can’t take them out for a walk, as I do with Pappy :frowning:

Here’s the newest photo (taken today):

See you!

Welcome!

frolicsome? never heard of it until now. Good! Another word learned from you.

Aging? I m p o s s i b l e !

Thak you for finding the answer to my question! so my turtles are no turtles, they are tortoises! I had forgotten.

See you!

How do you like my new sunglasses?

:slight_smile:

This caught my eye when Monica quoted it.
Do you mean the long white cotton thread or the shorter lock of brown fur?
I would say:
The thread which hangs from his head gives him a frolicsome look/expression
(if you mean the long thread)
or
The tuft of fur which sticks up on his head gives him…
(if you mean the fur).

Dear Beees!

Oh, how nice to see you in our thread!
I hope that You overcame this nasty sciatica. I personally don’t know what is harassing me more, sciatica or borelioza. Because it effects in a similar way.
It is nice of you to give the tips to my message. I would be always greatful to see your remarks.
Coming back to my text, I had had in mind the long white cotton thread, which hangs from his head, giving him a frolicsome expression.

But taking into consideration your remarks, the tuft of fur which sticks up on his head, gives him even more funny look.
Anyway, even if a little damaged, the toy looks very nice and sympathetically.

Alicja:-)

Dear Moni
!
In the English vocabulary there are neverending possibilities to determine every word.

So, I take them like from bowl of peas, dependently which one I like the most.

I like your glasses very much. Normally, (in case it was touching somebody else), I would

say that you have looked like a colourful butterfly.

But knowing that you hate butterflies, I could compare your look to the cricket or other

nice insect.

Do you like crickets? I like very much their voices, when during the summertime ,in the

evenings, I am resting in the garden, in the deck chair.

Oh! I am sorry to wait the long months to be there again.

Alicja:-))

Thank you for remembering the sciatica, Alicia. I think you’re a very cring person.
Sadly, it looks as if it is with me for the rest of my life. An hour’s moderate exercise a day at the gym or swimming pool, is keeping the worst of it at bay except for the mornings when I’m in agony for the forst hour after rising. Although I can use the machines at the gym I have to avoid the rowing machines and treadmills. I still can’t walk far enough to manage a lot of day to day getting out and about! In March I have an appointment about an injection into my spine which may ease it. If it doesn’t then it doesn’t sound as if there’s any more anyone can do.

Dear Beees.

I am not very weepy person. But when I read your message, it brought tears to my

eyes.

Only those can understand it, who survived it himself. I am in similar situation. But

matter has been improved. I go swimming, but not so often during the winter. There I

meet people who are after surgical intervention. I don’t know exactly what it means, but

they are very pleased from effects of it. The swimming is certainly helpful.

Not very invasive exercise for spine. After woke up i sat on the Ab-swing the gym

device, and I exercise a while. It makes my abdominals and back muscles stronger.

Something in shape a corset what keeps my spine in proper position.

Nobody told me it, but it comes from my experience. I am sure that You also will soon

feel better. What I wish You from my all heart.

Don’t be modest, Alice! It happened many times that I heard you saying words that I didn’t know. I aways sad that your vocabulary is much richer than mine and it’s normal, since you have read so many books in English! Good for you! I haven’t read any novel. Only some Reader’s Digest magazines.

Cricket? nice insect?! No tanks, that’s not nice for me; I don’t like crickets either, they’re too big! (they sound good in summer nights though, and here I agree with you).
However, if it has to be an insect, I could accept … a tiny ant maybe - ants have big eyes too! Besides, ants have always been cricket’s best friends, haven’t they? :slight_smile:

The sunglasses are not mine of course.
They belong to the BFG evidently!

(now between you and me: I saw them yesterday in a shop with eyeglasses; put there o a table to attract customers, hehe).

I just hope there will be no ticks this time.

Thanks Alicia.

Wouldn’t you know it? Surgery is not possible in my case. The area involved is too great. There would be a 98% chance that I would never walk anywhere again if they tried - and with those odds they are not willing to try even if I were willing to let them!
Until surgery has advanced to the point where they can provide an entire new spine, it’s a no-go area.

Dear Beees!

The worst thing which we hate, is our helplessness. I experienced it one day during my husband illness. He stood in pool of blood in the other room, crying and moaning for my help. But I couldn’t set my leg on the floor because I felt hot nail in it. The emergency also didn’t come. I strongly believe that there will be a good way to help you. Seeing the picture that you had sent, I am pleased that good sense of humor is never leaving you. It is important and helpful. It improves our health what is proved. Also have helped to me in my defficult moments.
It is not strange day, but sad day, because I think about your health problems.

My Dear Moni!

I had read many English books in my life.

At the beginning I read easy not very ambitious books so as not to discourage me at all
to reading.
Everything have changed when our Irish friend started to deliver me her books- novels

of popular classics literature. It is a long list of the titles which I read. Not always I can

read books. When I am nervous, I can’t concentrate on the text. Now I read: The End

of the Affair. The next is waiting in queue The Age of Innocence. This first I started read from its middle. Because of the small print.

Then I read from the beginning, finding it interesting and worth reading. The most

books I read during vacations. The good long days and good daily light is beneficial to reading.
Despite of reading so many books, I still have problem with memorising the writing

words. I have to put up with it, because I know, that it can’t be changed ever.

See you dear!

Dear Moni!

I also hope that this year Summer won’t bring so big swarm of ticks, as it was last year.

Really! I was bitten 3 times and I had got the erythema 2x. I didn’t expect it after I had

been bitten by tick, the previous year. I am just waiting impatiently for result my last

blood test. Should be on Monday, what is too long postponed. They have the

overwhelming number of cases because last year they were everywhere

My son was also bitten, but happily without bad consequences.

In this year’s January here were a couple of days with strong frost. So, maybe ticks

were extinct.

I am afraid, that my son will strongly protesting to go into the mountains in the

Summer:-(

In this place ticks were falling from trees like the rain:-(

Welcome!

You are absolutely right! In addition, I’d say that nothing compares with reading an interesting book on a long summer day somewhere outside, in the shadow of an old tree. Need no food, no drink, no nothig :slight_smile: I’m sure it happened to you too.

I’m afraid that if I were him, I would protest too, if you don’t mind I say this.
:slight_smile:

My dear Moni!

Going this way that we should resign from this things which we love, when we meet the

first obstacle - sorry, but I can’t accept.

If it is a plague of ticks, wasps, mosquitoes and so on, as long as i am able walking on

my legs - I wouldn’t resign from my beloved place in the mountains. All winter time I am

missing it. It is the only place where I am willing to be in the next seasons.

You never have warranty that in other place, you won’t happen the same problems or

even worse.

If i went this way, I wouldn’t have played tennis

anymore, because an oculist strongly has forbidden me. It turned out

that it wasn’t true, and my eyes had no harm.

It was time that I wandered a lot abroad. It is no longer attractive for me. To sleep in

beds and using the toilets after strangers, no ,no more.

What for, when we have own place, which beauty I can’t compare with any others.

You say, that I should use antibiotic against borelioza. Taking antibiotics is not

indifferent for body. Just on the contrary. My doctor said ,he wouldn’t take antibiotic

without real necessity.

So far, I have defended myself effectively enough, with help of “czystek”-Cistus Incanus.

By the way, in Poland this herb has recently restored to graces. Because it gives

resistance to body against many illnesses. In situation that many people, especially

pensioners can’t afford to buy even the necessary pills.

Now, some nice pictures from my area.

Sorry, but it’s not the first obstacle. I mean not the first time.
You know how I see it: You fight against this illness with antibiotics, herbs, whatever, but the next year, before getting healed, you add more poison which takes you back, slowing down the healing process.
On the other hand, it’s great that your herbs are good and I really think they are, but they action too slowly. Antibiotics are much faster.
I can understand why you like staying there all summer. The view I great, there’s much space and fresh air, you have friends and relatives in that area and you feel free there. But I still think that you should get healed first; then, if you have to go, take some precautions like spray against insects for exemple, to prevent them from entering the house at least.

Oh! My dear Moni.

Thank you very much. I know that you say it all because you care about me.

But things are no simple like it looks.

I bought that piece of ground 18- teen years ago.

This swarm of ticks appeared two years ago. And it embraced the all region, or maybe all

Polish territory. Earlier I hadn’t seen there any ticks. The reason was a mild previous Winter.

Hopefully this year’s Summer will do without this plague. Tomorrow I have appointment

with doctor. We must take up the consent about the matter. Because the line of

procedure isn’t obvious. He admitted that he works by trying. Last year, after taking

through the month the strong antibiotic, borelioza was in great degree reduced.

During all last year I was taking “czystek”.

And when last Summer I was twice bitten and I had got strong erythema, my borelioza

was four times smaller. Doctor said that my body behaves as it had been vaccinated.

Now I am an object of experience. When we wait, we will see.

I took photo of this nasty creature whose a victim I happened to be.

[/s]