TPO 53 independent

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It goes without saying that public transit and the Internet both play a pivotal role in human being’s lives. In this regard, while many policymakers believe that it is vital and essential for the governments to invest in transportation services, others stand at the other side of the continuum, presuming that financial support should be allocated to increase the quality of the Internet access. Personally speaking, I strongly agree with this statement that the governments dedicate funding to develop public transportation. I feel this way for two significant reasons, which I will explore in the subsequent paragraphs.

First of all, it is really crystal clear that one of the main sources of environmental pollution is transportation vehicles. Undoubtedly, when more cars are used, they will cause more pollution in the air since more toxic emissions will release into the air like carbon dioxide. Therefore, all living creature’s health will be in danger. If the governments make well- equipped public transportations with an affordable fare which passes through every part of the cities available to all people, they will definitely be encouraged to use those services instead of driving private cars. Consequently, the air, noise pollution, traffic jams, and the amount of carbon dioxide will cut back. Besides, people will stay healthy.

Secondly, the majority of people will take advantage of public transportations in order to make profits. In other words, if governments spend money on the internet, just educated individuals will be able to use that facility. On the other hand, if governments give a considerable amount of financial in support of transportations, a lot of people will get benefit from it especially, illiterate people who live in remote areas in poverty without any public transportation. To be more specific, by building transportation services like railroads or buses in those areas, those people can be connected to their urban neighborhood s and sell their goods, as a result, make living. Moreover, individuals who use public transit as a means of commuting will save money.

In conclusion, taking all the aforementioned reasons and examples into account I firmly hold the view that governments should put their budget into public transportations rather than improving accessible internet. This decision not only is beneficial for the environment and human health but also allows people to have economic development.

2 Likes

I don’t think trying to write essays for the TOEFL or IELTS industry has any future:

3 Likes